6.7 12V Again.

Jeremy are these the same head as a normal 12v head? And are they using a rotory pump on these or a inline? asking about this for the front motor plate and if the head flows more than a standard 12v head.

Not sure as I've only seen them on the tractor. Haven't actually had one in my hands to see the difference. I believe they are rotary pumps from memory

I have seen a 12V head on a storm block with a VP33 before in a yard pup. If I remember correctly it was a 2006 yr engine too. Would just need the ESN and go from there.

I have seen a 12V head on a storm block with a VP33 before in a yard pup. If I remember correctly it was a 2006 yr engine too. Would just need the ESN and go from there.

Those are common. Not a fan though.
I need to research this thing. I assume case tractors Or what? It's obviously a low hp unit being it has a rotary pump / emissions reasons

heres for the guys that dont know, and a few misinformed posts.

-a 12v gear case will not fit a 6.7 block. the block casting is way to large around the pump and pump hits the block. so does the gear case. drill/mill/ tap all you want. if it were me, id wana buy the right parts the first time.

-the correct gear case for a 12v head 6.7 ppump engine can be bought from keating or schied for around $1500. its a bolt on deal and the scheid setup is a bolt on application with stock pump placement. comes with everything you need to bolt on the pump.

- obviously if your running a 6.7 crank you need to swap cam and crank front drive gears for the ppump drive gear to match. simple swap with a press.

-12v rods will work well in a ppump 6.7 engine. no clearance issues.stick them on the standard 6.7 piston and pop em in.

- as far as the 12v head bolting on and lining up, yes, you can use your regular 12v head studs. as far as a gasket, a stock cummins mls layered 6.7 gasket will suffice. oringing is optional. pushrod holes all will line up with rockers. your tappets will obviously need put in the bottom since the 6.7 has no side cover.

- no clearancing should be needed of the head for the injection pump ofv on the return of the ppump.

-as far asthe 6.7 12v production head goes, i would assume its the normal 12v casting. BUT I CANNOT SAY FOR SURE. i havent seen one.

- standard 6.7 bore pistons/std bowl will be fine with the 12v head. no, its not ideal, but will make good power on a budget. ideally, a custom cone angle would be done to the nozzle for the centered bowl.

hope this helps someone.

heres for the guys that dont know, and a few misinformed posts.

-a 12v gear case will not fit a 6.7 block. the block casting is way to large around the pump and pump hits the block. so does the gear case. drill/mill/ tap all you want. if it were me, id wana buy the right parts the first time.

-the correct gear case for a 12v head 6.7 ppump engine can be bought from keating or schied for around $1500. its a bolt on deal and the scheid setup is a bolt on application with stock pump placement. comes with everything you need to bolt on the pump.

- obviously if your running a 6.7 crank you need to swap cam and crank front drive gears for the ppump drive gear to match. simple swap with a press.

-12v rods will work well in a ppump 6.7 engine. no clearance issues.stick them on the standard 6.7 piston and pop em in.

- as far as the 12v head bolting on and lining up, yes, you can use your regular 12v head studs. as far as a gasket, a stock cummins mls layered 6.7 gasket will suffice. oringing is optional. pushrod holes all will line up with rockers. your tappets will obviously need put in the bottom since the 6.7 has no side cover.

- no clearancing should be needed of the head for the injection pump ofv on the return of the ppump.

-as far asthe 6.7 12v production head goes, i would assume its the normal 12v casting. BUT I CANNOT SAY FOR SURE. i havent seen one.

- standard 6.7 bore pistons/std bowl will be fine with the 12v head. no, its not ideal, but will make good power on a budget. ideally, a custom cone angle would be done to the nozzle for the centered bowl.

hope this helps someone.

Very nice... thank you

Sent from phone

The 12v 6.7's I've seen were in AG tractors and in construction equipment. Komatsu excavators to be exact. They also used an HX-35 as the turbo on the construction applications I saw. Not sure how much of a role it plays but the 12v 6.7's were all rear gear engines. Also when the Komatsus needed engine parts they came from CNH, not Cummins.

6.7 12v is not a hard task to complete.. we did it a few years back, used 12v gear train and a Scheid front cover, and some custom pistons we specked out for it... runs pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_1092_Edit.jpg
    IMG_1092_Edit.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • merica3_crop_shop_mark.jpg
    merica3_crop_shop_mark.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ICE_CROP_MARK.jpg
    ICE_CROP_MARK.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
  • merica2_shopped_cropped_marked.jpg
    merica2_shopped_cropped_marked.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
6.7 12v is not a hard task to complete.. we did it a few years back, used 12v gear train and a Scheid front cover, and some custom pistons we specked out for it... runs pretty good.

Very clean set up im liking the thought of the Siamese cylinders. Who spec'd out the pistons for ya?

Back