03 CR goes 1009 HP

jkretzer said:
I agree II has some good stuff, i run one of the turbos but i am in the process of getting rid of it bc i feel it is not at all what it was cracked up to be

Did you call them and talk about upgrading what your not happy with?

Not trying to answer for Josh, but I've been down the same road he is on...from what I've gathered from Josh's setup...he wouldn't like anything bigger for daily driving, so he's building twins. I love the simplicity of the 12v, but the airflow on them sucks for bigger singles!

Chris

that was my first step, i called and talked to II, they are a great bunch of guys dont get me wrong, but i am tired of a single for one and especially this one. maybe it is just the combo on my truck, but it surges bad, egts are through the roof, i cant tow my atv, my crusing temps while locked are 1100. that is just to hot, i know i have a good bit of fuel but all these guys talking about how a single keeps their truck cool are full of it at least in my eyes. so twins are my only answer, i really hope they work as well for me as they do others. the subject of upgrading my charger got side tracked by trying to sell me something. my 66 is already sold, just need to finish my twins.

Don't know the history of your EGT issues, but is there any chance the turbo could be bad like a goofed up waste gate or anything? Have you ever had it checked? I've gotten bad ones before so it happens...

DIESEL POWER said:
could be....... but that VP im sure is from II.

The VP was not From II. It was from Scheid. Wade, I think it may be best if you stop posting things about people's setups that you have never seen. You are making yourself look like a nimrod.

damn I was just gonna say that! Not sure where his new pump is from though.

Same place. New Rig looks good by the way Ted. :woohoo:

Thanks Tim, I'm gonna get some better pics of it once the snow melts away this weekend

i like the new truck ted, so whats in store for it, u goign ot make it to our spring event this year? i have had the turbo checked and all is fine. matter of fact i am goign to have it checked out again before the new owner takes it.

Oh ok, sorry but I haven't been to that event in a few years now. I didn't go when I lived in MD and its just not worth the drive from up here.

You have know idea what it has grown into then. ;) You are missing out on quite a show. Last fall we got magazine coverage with the fall event and the magazine editor was pleased enough that he is sending his guy again this year to all the events to get better coverage of it. :D

Don M said:
Tim,

I honestly did not know David would not be there. I dont know why I thought he would. Too many events to keep my head straight.

Ok, well heck whoevers dyno is there ( if it is a DynoJet ) Reb is game.

I just got off the phone with Reb. Planned upgrades are in the works now. The injectors he used for the 1K were the old schoolers I built him last year for MM. We will step the injectors up a tad and he can make some others changes and be ready for MM.

This is not the same truck as MM last year. It is an 03, but it is a 4 wheel drive this go round VS the 2WD from last year.

Time flies. Seems like yesterday everyone was complaing about the "new quiet Diesels" coming to market.

Yes Don it is a 248 DynoJet, and it's will not be David Dunbar's it will be Maddog Motorsports and all runs will be uncorrected just like I do them in Utah. All runs (no exceptions) will be ran by the dyno operator.

MADDOG said:
Yes Don it is a 248 DynoJet, and it's will not be David Dunbar's it will be Maddog Motorsports and all runs will be uncorrected just like I do them in Utah. All runs (no exceptions) will be ran by the dyno operator.

Now there is a line in the sand box...the tension is unbearbable-will the paper tiger iternet sphynctercants ( what was that word?) show up and lay the law down?

I predict noone breaks 800 on Diesel Fuel.

MADDOG, I think you should run a contest, the person who predicts his power the closest, gets his dyno fee returned.
I think it would be very eye opening to see the predictions, and reality side by side.

Sledpuller said:
Now there is a line in the sand box...the tension is unbearbable-will the paper tiger iternet sphynctercants ( what was that word?) show up and lay the law down?

I predict noone breaks 800 on Diesel Fuel.

MADDOG, I think you should run a contest, the person who predicts his power the closest, gets his dyno fee returned.
I think it would be very eye opening to see the predictions, and reality side by side.
yeh, I can think of one or two that have had their eyes opened after rolling at our events. LOL

and even a few that didnt turn the rollers but were brought back to reality when they saw what other trucks put down! i am just Not Gonna Mention any names. haha

Oh? Who were those one or two, and what were they opened by?

I know mine were opened when that dern Honda spun 500+, couple years back, and F8TLdose, put down some decent numbers.

Sledpuller said:
Oh? Who were those one or two, and what were they opened by?

I know mine were opened when that dern Honda spun 500+, couple years back, and F8TLdose, put down some decent numbers.
OMG you were there for the Honda??? LOL. I wonder how much money that boy had invested in that thing. LOL It sure did twist some R's

i was waiting for that honda to start throwing bolts when they spun it up.

Back