03 CR goes 1009 HP

The way I read it, he was advertising what had been done, not his stuff, yes he mentions his injectors "along with the usual mods" but I don't take it as self promotion.

If the owner had written the exact same post, nobody would be complaining about it.

If yall want to see self promotion, look at Gregs posts and jump on his case for doing it for a change, instead of somebody who's products deserve the exposure.

ob1kobi said:
The way I read it, he was advertising what had been done, not his stuff, yes he mentions his injectors "along with the usual mods" but I don't take it as self promotion.

If the owner had written the exact same post, nobody would be complaining about it.

If yall want to see self promotion, look at Gregs posts and jump on his case for doing it for a change, instead of somebody who's products deserve the exposure.

Fair enough

TJSHOTROD said:
That is funny how the cr did 1000hp at the privite dyno after it did 816 at the public dyno and then went back to the public dyno and did 832 and got beat by a 12v.:blahblah1:
dzlfarmboy said:
Just to inform the Diesel inthusiest of a little bit of whats going on behind the scenes and coming up in technology

Because when your looking to advertise and inform you always want to dyno less in public in front of a huge crowd. You would rather go to an undisclosed dyno and get the "real" numbers and boast about them in nevernever land!
Ya I'm informed alright........Do you believe what you see or what someone spoon feeds you?

what i dont get is if the owner of the 1000+hp cr would have gotten on here and posted his results it would have went the same direction as W1cked's thread. But because it's "Don M" its believeable, what makes his keyboard strokes anymore true than that of the last person?? I know, I know, don has done this and accopmlished that, but who is to say that someone else hasnt already done the same? Just because its on the "internet", im sure there are plenty of shadetree mechanics out there that make big power and dont want the recognition. Dont get me wrong, im not flaming don nor his produts, he is pioneering the way for the cr system. kudos to don for using the internet as a marketing structure, everyday more and more companies enter the world wide web. At the end of the day we are all here for the same purpose, to learn, to have fun, and to break ****!$.02

The numbers are real. Take it or leave it. You guys saw the sheets from Wicked and still discounted them. Apparently proof does nothing for you so I wont be wasting my time uploading jack.

For the guys who dont like dyno runs and can say nothing but ( take it to the track, its a paper tiger, etc ) Reb ran the truck against MADDOG in Tulare and beat him.

For the whiners who slip in comments like ( it only made 816 on a public dyno ) know the public dyno was a Mustang that is notorious for giving low numbers with high powered trucks. Reb knew it, I knew, but the truck still went up and tried anyway. Yes, a 12 valve beat Rebs truck. A 12 Valve with twins and nitrous. Not "just a 12 Valve" But we did not complain once that the 12 Valve had more fuel, more nitrous and twin turbos. In the end, the 12 valve won by less than 10 HP.

They got the truck together exactly one day before the events started. No dyno tuning had been done. He did not know the optimum jet sizes for the nitrous, box settings, etc. But went to play anyway. No excuses like MADDOG gave after he lost.

Given more than one days tuning and preparation.........

Self promotion my azz. The problem is many have green guts. When the DuraMax did 1K, the dyno was not right, bogus brand, I received complaints that I was a traitor and helped the Dmax make 1K before the Cummins, etc. Now we catch the Cummins up by making a record run of 11.41 @ 118 MPH on a single turbo and crack 1k with a single turbo using nitrous and the same usual suspects are here to whine like children.

No one can win against jealous sycophants with a keyboard so I wont even try by posting specs of parts used, injector sizes and types, camshaft specs, box types, turbos, etc. And as for dyno sheets....we all watched Wicked get kicked in the sac even with a dyno sheet. Jealous kids, nothing more.

K5KRAZIE said:
Because when your looking to advertise and inform you always want to dyno less in public in front of a huge crowd. You would rather go to an undisclosed dyno and get the "real" numbers and boast about them in nevernever land!
Ya I'm informed alright........Do you believe what you see or what someone spoon feeds you?

:doh:

jamesl said:
what i dont get is if the owner of the 1000+hp cr would have gotten on here and posted his results it would have went the same direction as W1cked's thread. But because it's "Don M" its believeable, what makes his keyboard strokes anymore true than that of the last person?? I know, I know, don has done this and accopmlished that, but who is to say that someone else hasnt already done the same? Just because its on the "internet", im sure there are plenty of shadetree mechanics out there that make big power and dont want the recognition. Dont get me wrong, im not flaming don nor his produts, he is pioneering the way for the cr system. kudos to don for using the internet as a marketing structure, everyday more and more companies enter the world wide web. At the end of the day we are all here for the same purpose, to learn, to have fun, and to break ****!$.02

I agree with you completely, the difference for me is all about "reputation" Don has one, W1cked doesn't. The fact that I have used Don's products, and seen the results personally go towards my opinion alot also, I would bet that the majority of those bashing him have never used his stuff.

ob1kobi said:
I agree with you completely, the difference for me is all about "reputation" Don has one, W1cked doesn't. The fact that I have used Don's products, and seen the results personally go towards my opinion alot also, I would bet that the majority of those bashing him have never used his stuff.

Good point, hey Don can I get some injectors?

There were 2 trucks that went over 1k before NastyGirl did. Timmy Helms (1020) and Jeff Garmon (1050) You can see those sheets on David Dunbar's site.

Timbeaux38 said:
There were 2 trucks that went over 1k before NastyGirl did. Timmy Helms (1020) and Jeff Garmon (1050) You can see those sheets on David Dunbar's site.

I agree! Nasty is a CR DuraMax though. And Rebs truck is a CR Cummins.

I wish I the fuel to play with the P pumps have.

JD WOP said:
Good point, hey Don can I get some injectors?

Not anytime soon. We suspended new orders 3 weeks ago and have not resumed taking new ones. We are so swamped that we cant keep up with a reasonable timeframe. For the ones who think this is self promotion, your wrong.

Also Don, W1cked ran on a Dyno known for high(er than expected) numbers. The Louisiana truck was 30 hp less at 807 hp with an 8% CF...... His numbers were MUCH more suspect than Reb's. Reb was at 9XX last year. It is not like he showed up one day and started claiming big numbers.

Don M said:
Not anytime soon. We suspended new orders 3 weeks ago and have not resumed taking new ones. We are so swamped that we cant keep up with a reasonable timeframe. For the ones who think this is self promotion, your wrong.

Is there anyway to contact you personally that you want to post.

Don M said:
I agree! Nasty is a CR DuraMax though. And Rebs truck is a CR Cummins.

I wish I the fuel to play with the P pumps have.

I'm with you now... I misread the first post

Don M said:
For the whiners who slip in comments like ( it only made 816 on a public dyno ) know the public dyno was a Mustang that is notorious for giving low numbers with high powered trucks. Reb knew it, I knew, but the truck still went up and tried anyway. Yes, a 12 valve beat Rebs truck. A 12 Valve with twins and nitrous. Not "just a 12 Valve" But we did not complain once that the 12 Valve had more fuel, more nitrous and twin turbos. In the end, the 12 valve won by less than 10 HP.
C'mon Don whos whining!? If this is true, then it was low for everyone, and you would have still been beat. You sure do know where the "low" dynos and the "high" dynos are. Tell you what get off the internet, find a dyno that YOU like and have an open house for the HIGH HP trucks out there! You bring your best performers on that dyno and invite anyone else to join you you could even charge for the runs.
You do that and then the playing field would be level??
Doubt it, so heres another idea get your "highest" performing trucks up to the DDP dyno day this month and put your money where your mouth is. Top prize is $1500 I'm sure you could find another $1500 in the crowd that will be on hand. That is if you can walk away a winner.......

Havent any of you people figured out the more you kick the pioneers in the balls the less they help you out? If you dont believe it or wont to believe it then STFU and move on. I listened to the bull**** people spewed when nasty went over 1k.

Seems kind of a tend to me. Keiths toes got stomped on by alot of people and now he isnt as public with info as he used to be. Seems don is taking the same route. You key board *****ers seem to be ****ing it up for the majority that want to learn.

Maybe this is why you have to really dig for information and the people in the knowhow are a bit more secretive. :banned:

In the better interest of the thread, I'm gonna ask once for everyone to calm down just a bit.

Thanks

Ive asked a few guys. No one is interested in the DDP dyno day. Although I would love to get on that marvelous DynoJet they have using my "backyard formula" parts.

Inline is correct, the amount of BS is insane. On the other hand, I love the reaction the sycophants have. Even though it is predictable.

Earlier in the week, I was thinking about posting how this thread is akin to a post doc in a psych ward. Then backed away from that, now Im convinced there are parallels. lol

inline6359 said:
Havent any of you people figured out the more you kick the pioneers in the balls the less they help you out? If you dont believe it or wont to believe it then STFU and move on. I listened to the bull**** people spewed when nasty went over 1k.

Seems kind of a tend to me. Keiths toes got stomped on by alot of people and now he isnt as public with info as he used to be. Seems don is taking the same route. You key board *****ers seem to be ****ing it up for the majority that want to learn.

Maybe this is why you have to really dig for information and the people in the knowhow are a bit more secretive. :banned:

I understand your pain but its been like this since the begining. Back in 2001 (or somewhere close to that) I made 505 with an HX 40 and Bully Dog 4's and there were people practically fighting (in person) with the guys who had done the work (ADT when it was both Andy and Doug) calling them liars etc... cause at the time 500 was a HUGE milestone. Not to much longer with the help of somebody else, who I will not ever advertise for again, I made 730, this was not to long after Doug Smith had done it, basically the same results that time too... there are always gonna be the haters out there that think somethings up just cause there truck can't do it. My old truck was always a freak, it always made more power that other trucks equipped identically... then Chris (C-Hawk) came along with the mother of all freak trucks and waxed me (even though we never raced cause Chris was scared :hehe: ) but your right, people won't talk about alot of this stuff anymore cause they just get bashed, and I can't say that I blame them for being secretive either.

I guess I forgot to finish my point before posting :doh: the point I was trying to make was that just cause one truck does something, doesn't mean another truck with the identicle upgrades would produce the same results... I think people sometimes assume that they will and bash away when something that seems out of the ordinary pops up.. just my $.02

Back