06 common rail 601hp 1187 by Fleece Performance

Cummins/Allison

over the weekend we ran a customers 2006 cummins, the mods are 90 hp Industrial sticks, ts mp-8 (thanks Dennis), diablo sport predator 180 (rkl road kill larry) modded Fleece Performance cp3, garrett bb gt 37 stage 3, (2.6 inducer) the truck held 29,000 psi rail pressure the whole run, only hit 1450 degrees on the dyno, 36 Psi of boost, just thought i would share this with my fellow common rail fans, industial is makin me some 10 hole sticks to try in it, then i will give ya some updated numbers.

I wanna thank Danville Performance, for puttin on such a good event, and i wanna give thanks to all the sponsors for such a generous amount of prizes!!!

there was an 06 dodge, 06 lbz dmax it mad 630 and 1140, those two trucks are the 2.6 inducer class. my wife's daily driver vp dodge, another vp dodge 500 1050, it had a stock vp, garrett bb stage 2 diesel dynamics stage 5 tips, edge juice with attitude. there was a 06 lbz white ccdw that made 585 and 1115, with a cheetah turbo from Fleece Performance, a custom tune and that was it. We have alot of local customers around danville, i think there was about 10 trucks that we worked on that rolled across the rollers.

it was a good time, it got my excited to work on my own truck!

please dont take this as a flame,what does fleece do to the pumps?i thought mid 600s were reachable with a stock cp3?

please dont take this as a flame,what does fleece do to the pumps?i thought mid 600s were reachable with a stock cp3?

Only 1 guy has done that as far as I know.....never heard of anyone else ever coming close too mid 600's on fuel without at least a DIY mod.

i have seen an 04 with don m injects twins and nos do in the mid 600 range,i was there before twin pumps as well.like i said not trying to flame just asking ?s

I also am not trying to rain on someones parade, but I would have to agree. 2 years ago I did 613 RWHP on stock injectors and a stock CP3 at the Fall Brawl east coast event. That combo never even had the valve cover cracked. TST/BDDL stack and a set of PDR twins.

That is on a single charger and no drugs. You guys are talking about trucks with twins and "bones" was talking about NOS.

yeh, and your also running 90 horse injectors and a modified pump. It's not all in the fuel flow if you do not have the air to support it!

It will be @ TS running.. It spools very quickly no lag etc.. no need for twins. It runs 1500 deg at the end of the quarter.

Show me some vids of a stock cp3 doing 600+ holding 28k psi of rail pressure ;)

It will be @ TS running.. It spools very quickly no lag etc.. no need for twins. It runs 1500 deg at the end of the quarter.

Show me some vids of a stock cp3 doing 600+ holding 28k psi of rail pressure ;)

How are you holding 28K + of fuel rail pressure?? The stock RP sensor on reads too 27,200 psi. And las time I checked there are NO mechanical guages currently available too read this kind of pressure.

We have plenty of air. GT37R with a 66mm inducer making right at 40psi was enough air to clean it up and only hit 1500 degrees. It's all about getting the fuel in at the right time.. You can stack all you want with the TST but it's running too much duration and spraying the crowns and making heat. That's why you need all that air from the twins.

I won't say that we haven't cracked some injector bodies but I'm going to mod the FPRV to pop a little lower so we don't have to worry about it.

We're using a DiPricol gauge which tops out at 30000 on the gauge... The bosch sensor is a 0-5v sensor. They (Cummins) have it scaled in the ECM to be 180MPa (26,106 psi) @ 4.53 Volts. The sensor can read up to it's saturation point which is 5v. If you rescale it in the ECM or use the dipricol gauge it will show you the actual pressure out to it's saturation point or 5v. Which just happens to be 205 MPa (29732 psi) which is exactly the way DiPricol has scaled it.

The reason it tops out @ 4.53 in the ecm is so that they have a dead band of 500mV so that the diagnostics can verify an open circuit which would show 5V on the sensor supply side. It's standard practice.
SO just because Cummins doesn't use the full sensor range doesn't mean DiPricol didn't.

Thanks,

Brayden

yeh, and your also running 90 horse injectors and a modified pump. It's not all in the fuel flow if you do not have the air to support it!

Brayden, Thats where you are incorrect. I have pics of mine pistons when the head was off and there is no shots outside the bowl. As for more than enough air, you can keep your 1500 degree egts. I prefer to keep mine alive. ;)

sorry to stir the crap, but this thread wasn't about who can do what.
It was about a single charger, extrude honed tips, a predator, mp-8 stack with a few mods to the cp3 to keep the pressures up.

This truck runs great on the street, plows snow with it and makes a living with the truck. as far as the tst goes, any stack with a tst is just gonna spread ur pulse width out, not saying that you can't make power that way, i just don't think it is the efficent way of makin power.

O bye the way since when is 1500 degrees hot at the end of a dyno run, hell i thought that was cold,

I thought i was a pretty stought 2.6 truck for the lil amount of effort that is done to it. And it is 100 percent drug free, no turbo in a bottle.

i have to give ya props, you have made alot of power out of your truck, congrats

Chase Fleece
Fleece Performance

Last edited:
Hell I dynoed 583 and 1021 with my 06... It had a stock cp3, stock sticks, afe stage II, aurora 5k, standard smarty and mp-8... and that was it... :rockwoot:

Back