12v Engine mods for 800+hp

halfton12valve

I recently bought a scheid ag 13mm p-pump for the 12 valve in my signature, i need some help which mods to do to my engine, injectors etc.. what i have currently in the truck is:

DDp 140hp injectors (stage 4)
64/14/71 & s480 twins
60 lb valve springs
12mm arp head studs & o-ringed head
raptor 150 gph lift pump
and my 13mm pump once it gets here..

My goal is to run 800+ hp on fuel, what else should be done to the engine so it will last? stock pistons? rods, crank, valves, head, what size injectors, etc..

are you planning on pulling the engine out, and what do you plan on doing with the truck

Drag race which is much easier on the engine then sled pull i've been told..i didnt plan to pull the engine out but if it has to be done i can do it..

The ag gov is for mainly pulling trucks with hand throttle's. The govener is very touchy for street driving will cause the truck to buck real bad when you step on go pedal. The main use for this style gov is used in farm equipment that stays at a constant RPM like a tractor/combine. There are guys using them on the street but no by all street friendly your better off trying to return it like Smokem said but if you have no choice you can send it to a shop and get a RQV installed estimated cost 350-500 dollars and you should be able to sell the AG gov to recoup the cost. Believe me you dont want to run this for drag racing also tend to run away on you and Kaboom insure you run a air cut out on the turbo. Best of luck.

The ag gov is for mainly pulling trucks with hand throttle's. The govener is very touchy for street driving will cause the truck to buck real bad when you step on go pedal. The main use for this style gov is used in farm equipment that stays at a constant RPM like a tractor/combine. There are guys using them on the street but no by all street friendly your better off trying to return it like Smokem said but if you have no choice you can send it to a shop and get a RQV installed estimated cost 350-500 dollars and you should be able to sell the AG gov to recoup the cost. Believe me you dont want to run this for drag racing also tend to run away on you and Kaboom insure you run a air cut out on the turbo. Best of luck.

Thanks for this useful answer, good thing is it can be changed, I don't know much about it but I have couple of 913 p-pumps could I install one of those governors on this 13mm pump, or is it a completly diff story?

Get the pump builder to take care of it, you do not want problems with the gov.

Ok let's see wat I'll do with the pump then once it gets here..so back to the beginning of this thread, what should I do to my engine that it will hold? And wat size injectors with a 13 mm pump?

...But dont attempt to do the plungers/barrels yourself
...this thread is a train wreck

I think there raggin on me haha! Cause I suggested such a small injector. I suggested this because those pumps are capable of putting out so much fuel that I like to run smaller injectors sometimes. Truck still performs great and will be much easier to get up to the desired boost before launch, and of course with tuning anything can be done. :lolly: Sorry for the small suggestion go ahead and go with duel fed 5x24's.

Back