12v Engine mods for 800+hp

13mm pumps are great. Less smoke and better throttle response. Mines a 24V conversion so i don't know how the injectors compare, but 7 x .0105's made 882hp and daily drives fine. I have an extra 887 pump that i bought new(never been installed) from a Bosch dealer a few years ago. I had it worked on a bit and really liked it untill I got this 13mm pump. I'm going to send it in to CDS for the 13mm treatment as soon as I get through buying parts for the new motor.

IF IT WAS ME....5x18. westons or if you can get them from SDX faster...IDK. Tell them exactly what you told me in your last post. They'll set you up good... im sure!

I'm going with a set of 5x018's, I got a pm from a member saying i would need to balance my rotating assembly, aftermarket pistons, aftermarket cam to turn the pump, billet rods & tappets, billet retainers & keepers..is it all necesary if I stay under 4500 rpm?

I'm going with a set of 5x018's, I got a pm from a member saying i would need to balance my rotating assembly, aftermarket pistons, aftermarket cam to turn the pump, billet rods & tappets, billet retainers & keepers..is it all necesary if I stay under 4500 rpm?

If you have the motor out for work balance it.
Aftermarket pistons. That is pretty vague.
Aftermarket cam for the benefit of the profile or the strength? Do a search on 13mm pumps and cams before you buy. Some cams are weaker than others.
Billet push rods? I personally don't think so.
Retainers and keepers. YES! There are a few options out there. You may save some by buying springs and retainers together.

Back