12V Swap into an 04 F-350

DiEsElFeInE

Bleeding Diesel!
bought an 04 F-350 putting my 12v n 47re tranny in it. anybody done something like this yet? trying to figure out what to look out for n evrything

thnx in advance

I like to call them Fummins'. That's my trademarked term FYI. Just came up with it.

this may be the 1,234,457,001 this has been brought up

p.s. there are companies who made a living off this type of thing, your gonna need parts from them

A Ford with a Cummins??? Shut the front door!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose
A Ford with a Cummins??? Shut the front door!!

NO WAYYYY!!! Can it be done?

Road Worthy Truck: F250 6.0 6sp 4x4

Project: 99 F250 Fummins 6sp 4x4, COMPLETED with a lil bit of pump work, a lil bit of head work, a lil bit of motor work, a lil bit of injection, and a lil bit of forced air all put together and a lotta fine tuning... WOW!!! QUOTE]

^^^^^
Its very complicated and you probably wouldnt understand james..........................:lolly::nail:

Im in the process of firing up my 1974 ford crew cab that has a 96' 12v in it. im running the 47re tranny via a standalone and manual valve body to do so, from ats. Very expensive imo but i just plain and simple didnt want a manual in my truck. But unless u were dead set on an auto id try and stick with a 5 speed.

Its very complicated and you probably wouldnt understand james..........................:lolly::nail:

lol I'm sure it is complicated... I'm not going to even try to understand as long as that CUMMINS crank keeps turning them FORD gears:lolly:

i already have the 12v n 47rh out of my dodge so i have everything just need the parts from destroked to make it all work in the ford

lol I'm sure it is complicated... I'm not going to even try to understand as long as that CUMMINS crank keeps turning them FORD gears:lolly:

Im really scared, im trying to find a good ford for my transplant and i just DONT see how ill make this cummins motor thingy work in a ford......

There is more than just buying parts from destroked......

YES!!! Lots of time and all the little things and trips to the hardware store. Trial and error. Lots of researching. I'm no genius in this field obviously but i was able to do my conversion all on my own. Do the research before you get into it. Destroked isn't the best bang for your buck when it comes to many things.

Im really scared, im trying to find a good ford for my transplant and i just DONT see how ill make this cummins motor thingy work in a ford......

lol... the worst part about my lil project is that almost everything i ordered for the conversion came with all new hardware and i used it. When i finally had everything put together and i was ready to take it for a drive i was sitting in my shop stool going over a mental check list and wondering why i had about 20 pounds of new hardware sitting in a bucket on the floor lol.

ya im just letting Jefferson State Diesel do everything im not going to worry bout it

Back