13mm p pumps

Seth went in and went through my pump on a Sunday so I could get it back on time. Always answers phone calls and always calls when he says he is going to. And his pumps make power.

from phone

Seth repaired and maxed a 12mm for me, couldn't be happier.

Just talked to Kevin this morning, he's working on a 13mm Ag with a Hamilton cam for me right now.

Did you double check to make sure they did anything to it?

i didnt send them a core, and picked up over 300hp the next time i dyno'd

seat of the pants dyno said valet mode was the same as with stock 12mm pump

yes it did exactly 300hp with out changing anything

i even anti seized the shaft so it would slide into the gear farther

yes it did exactly 300hp with out changing anything

i even anti seized the shaft so it would slide into the gear farther

I used KY jelly on mine and the gear slid on so far I had to add a washer to keep from bottoming out the nut.
Anti-seize is ok but your supposed to add more each time you insert the shaft into the gear where with KY you can go in and out
a whole bunch without galling.
RonA

Last edited:
I used KY jelly on mine and the gear slid on so far I had to add a washer to keep from bottoming out the nut.
Anti-seize is ok but your supposed to add more each time you insert the shaft into the gear where with KY you can go in and out
RonA

what shaft/gear are you guys talking about?

RonA

Try astroglide sometime. The entire pump will slide completely through the gear, it will slide up the throttle cable until it hits the firewall, and the gear will still be it's original size and shape when it's all said and done.

Both seth and kevin are both great guys with quick responses Awaitin a few more calls from some other vendors then hopefully make my decision by wednesday. thanks for the help and jokes lol

This thread proves the problem with diesel forums. 99% of the people posting have only tried one product. They might have had good luck with the one product, but they can not speak intelligently about comparisons between products. There is only a few in this thread that can speak intelligently about numerous shops. Not trying to saying all of you don't have a correct opinion, but unless you have tried numerous pumps on the same engine, on the same dyno, your opinion is subjective and relative to your situation and not valid for most comparisons. In other words they don't count. Most people buy a name because they do not know all of the ins and outs of complex things like pumps, injectors or engines in general. There is not one person who can know everything about everything(even though there are two names on CompD that claim that) that is why you have to trust your builder.

All that to say, unless you are an educated consumer, you have a 80% of getting mediocre product, kind of like paying for Mercedes quality and getting Yugo seconds, or like paying for German (bosch) steel and getting Chinese "bosh" slag.

So that you are not buying into Testosterone(yes that hormone can help you choose incorrectly) and hype, here are a few places to start when asking about pumps. If you do not get answers to your liking, buy elsewhere.

What brand P&B's
Billet or regrind cam
what size injectors for flow test
what cc at varying rpm
Less important is how many cc's max. ( I know this is hard to believe, but I have seen people lie, people even use generic flow sheets that do not represent the pump you have paid for)

And might I add, it is not how many cc's the pump can potentially flow but where the cc's are injected relative to TDC and in what size window relative to Crank degrees.

You can send ten pumps to ten different builders, have the same flow at the same rpm (if the stars aligned) and have a 100hp spread across the different pumps. The pump builder and his IQ is the intangible.

I will not buy a pump from a company unless I can talk directly to the pump builder and am convinced he knows what side of a screwdriver to use. That way if you are not happy, you know who to cuss.

Last edited:
For reference I have had 3 13mm pumps. I piers, I cds, and I northeast. I sent my cds to kevin and it ran better, fueled harder after he had it. I then had him build me a 13mm pump. Started easier and more consistent idle, and fueled great.

I have a kevin glover pump. Yes its the only pump I've ran on my motor besides the original 215 pump. The reason I went with NE diesel is because I've heard a lot of good input on his work just like this thread. I guess it's all how you look at it. Just my 2 cents

Back