14mm ve pump

Pretty much shows how a big drop in case pressure affects timing when the power curve is shifted so much

I disagree. I don't think you can light a turbo big enough by 3,000rpm to put the same amount of oxygen in the cylinder as you can with a big nitrous kit. My timing is locked at 27 deg.

True that, but I never said "turbo" :)

A rockentech 14mm head is only $408, so why are more people not running them in hot street trucks? Wonder how it would work for a dd that tows with twins? For that price it might be worth a try...

A rockentech 14mm head is only $408, so why are more people not running them in hot street trucks? Wonder how it would work for a dd that tows with twins? For that price it might be worth a try...

Then you need $800 injectors, a good fuel supply (anywhere from $200-Airdog territory), and another pump just in case you seize this one.

BIG injectors, so you just went from a streatable friendly truck, to a monstor with firehoze nozzles, and a tricky fuel system

Then you need $800 injectors, a good fuel supply (anywhere from $200-Airdog territory), and another pump just in case you seize this one.
Depends who and where you get your injectors, but for simplicity we'll say $800 is ballpark. A good lift pump is not a bad idea, whether it be a 12mm or 14mm, maybe more of a requirement with the 14mm but you pay to play. I think JQmile has proven that the 14mm head can be pretty darn reliable.
BIG injectors, so you just went from a streatable friendly truck, to a monstor with firehoze nozzles, and a tricky fuel system

Now why are these "BIG" injectors needed? A 13mm inline can run a 5x.018 or less but a 14mm ve needs even more injector? Yes the pump (ve) is solely cooled and lubed by fuel whereas an inline pump has oil and fuel cooling and lubricating, but still. Is it because the pump operates at a lower pressure? Does the 14mm head create more pressure? I doubt it. I dont see what is so tricky about the fuel system or injector setup and I think many are just repeating what has been "heard". Sounds like the argument between the 13mm and 12mm guys. Those who have done it say do it, those who have not say it will never work and everything streetable goes out the window.

Because the guy who designed and had them built said it was a good idea :poke:

Didn't Brian Block himself only run a 6x.013 in the yellow truck? At least what I have seen. If thats true then all this huge injector talk is out the window.

I dont see why a 5x.014 or 5.016 would not work fine.

Because the guy who designed and had them built said it was a good idea :poke:

You mean sourced. I distinctively remember Bgilbert saying the 6x0.016" made more power than the 6x0.018".

Weston, maybe you can help.

With a 14mm bore strokes 2.8mm, how much fuel is that and how big of an injector flow do you need?

my truck has a 14mm and 5x18's i daily drive it, its hazes a little but i consider it streetable. I think depends on the definition of streetable and everybodys is differnet. I know if i step on the skinny pedal the whole world goes black....

Big is all relative. I think Stomp ran his for a while with some 5x16s. I was reffering to when people tried running em with POD's LOL

Big is all relative. I think Stomp ran his for a while with some 5x16s. I was reffering to when people tried running em with POD's LOL

That sounds like a good combo. This is the kind of discussion I was looking for. A good useable combination.

I talked to a VE guy from California, said Lenny kept making the holes bigger and the power kept going down.

Back