1927 ford w/ Cummins. pic HEAVY

I dig it.

The gap between more and enough never changes.

Word on the street is it likely needs an input shaft. Something about a hiway roll lock up gone bad.

I am honestly surprised at how well an almost stock transmission has lasted.

ya, i broke it last night.
but i sure showed the GT500 and AMG "driving next to me" who was boss before it let go. hahaha.
had to drag it home in the rain with a tow strap. that part sucked.
not sure what broke yet but the trany wont move the car in any gear. converter or input shaft im thinking. anyone have a billet input shaft to donate? =)

Last edited:
when it went, it made no noise at all. just simply acted as if i shifted into neutral. no grinding or carnage sounds.
any thoughts before i tear it apart and look?

Got the trans pulled last night. Definitely the stock input shaft.

Big thanks to Jade "Cummins610" on here for a smoking deal on his old billet input shaft and converter out of his race truck. Jade is stepping up to a full built Commercial Powertrain trans including a TCS Aermet shaft and a bit looser converter.

Brandon "turbominivan" and I are going out to Commercial Powertrain tonight to pickup the converter and shaft. With any luck Brandon will get it slammed together by this weekend in time for either the dyno, or some closed course pulls against the civic that will have just come off the dyno. :evil

I like the old stuff.... probably because I remember when it was new.
That is a cool, cool ride.

well, the new converter and input shaft are in and working great.
well enough in fact to break the spooled 37" rear tires loose on the highway at about 85mph while in lock up and over drive, and simply easing the pedal down about 1/4 throttle and making 40psi.
scary!

videos of it on the dyno at a car show the other day. i think it ran out of fuel by 3200rpm because the graph took a good dive in power right there. i assume the lift pump couldn't keep up even with the 255 feeding it. perhaps with sufficient fuel supply it could see 700hp on its current set up??
not totally sure what it boosted to on these pulls but i figure about 80psi
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeCvx2cNzJk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeCvx2cNzJk[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg4fpv6-vQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg4fpv6-vQ[/ame]

Last edited:
i cut these the other day on the lathe completely on speculation that they should work and be "full retard". they are 131s.
it starts, so thats a good sign. likely wont be able to take it for a test drive till spring though.
a fuel plate will need to go back in im sure and get some heavy AFC tuning.
opinions on what they will do?

IMG_6006.jpg

Awesome ride & work man! Love me some turbo Mopars. So I dig the lil Omni too. People dont quite seem to know how to react getting smoked by those ugly lil things haha. Mopar r no car...well, unless it is an (any model) twin turbo, t-bucket, Franken-diesel!!!:hehe:

Holy Smokes how did I miss this thread? Your toys are so freakin' cool!

Really nice job on those dv's I think they are going to work awesome I did something similar to that on a set and they worked very nicely. Cool build thanks for sharing.

some updates......

the new home cut DVs seem to work very well. it seems to start a bit nicer and idle a bit nicer. it dont haze like it did with the 'semi' full cut 181s i had borrowed from a friend.
i tuned the AFC all the way back for no pre-boost fueling and it is a major difference in how quick the twins spool. leaving the ridge on the top of the DVs also seem to help in the pedal control-ability. before with full cuts it would jump from no-go and lots of smoke to blowing the tires off with no control. now it seem much more drivable with a very steady power band.

then a few weeks ago i broke a chunk of the top ring land. i think from just running it hard over time with lots of preboost fuel in the past, the heat did some work to the area where the aluminum is fused to the top steel ring grove, and it finally came apart on #3. after pulling all 6 they each showed similar wear starting to happen in the same areas due to heat.
the cylinder wall, head and turbines are all completely fine..... which seems like a miracle.
so it will go back together here shortly with new 1st gen non-I/C pistons with the better bowl and top ring land, an opened up intake plenum, a duel intake horn and more timing. to make 750hp like this, this summer would be awesome!

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

more to come as it goes back together and parts start to show up.

new pistons came and i opened up the bowls with a router and a 15* bit, then finished the edge by hand with some 3M cloth.
im very happy with how the new slugs turned out. its almost back together and ready to run. more pics to come.

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Back