1940 ford , tube chassis, chop and cummins swap

It's my 6th compound turbo cummins hotrod build , the bare metal 65 f100 that you see everywhere is my old truck, compound turbo 40 four door chevy, compound turbo 52 Pontiac chieftain..I need to find a cheaper hobby

It would be killing me its all I can do to finish something right before I start driving it, you are an artist

Thank you sir .yea it's been a love hate scenario with this truck..when it pisses me off I just go play with my model a ford these days

Last edited:
Why so many changes before the first drive

Just things I wanted to do but didn't have the money to buy or build ,I've been in no hurry with this truck so I've just been having fun building and changing things till I was happy.

It's looking great! I have the same build, redo, change, situation as you do. I keep buying more betta crap as I have the money. So my stuff takes a while to get done. :)

How's your vette goin anyways ?

It's been sitting in it's part of the barn waiting out the winter. :hehe: Last year we put compounds back on it, then had a new breather/catch tank built for it. Took it to a dyno day but they couldn't fit it on their dyno. That was in November and it was too late to take it to the track. My brother took it to Indy last summer but the tech found some dry rotting in the rear tires and said without tubes he couldn't go over 100mph. I have tubes for them but haven't put them in. I barely got the convo pros put on it before he took it there. I didn't have any time to take it out after that. Last summer was stupid busy and I didn't do anything cool. :doh: I'm not sure I'll have any extra time for it this summer either other than some car cruises and shows.

Yea same here, this thing sits alone most of the time while I work on other peoples trucks . One day I'll get it up and going...then surely blow it up soon after..ha

Love those tig welds, beautiful! And just a sick build. All you that build from the frame up are awesome fabricators!

Back