1947 Dodge WDX-31

A little test fitting today. So far things are looking good.

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

You can almost see where my issue with the lower hose will be in this pic...

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

test fit the gauges.

DSC_0714.jpg

Test fit my feet. The dog house is not in it's final location, and I am going to modify it near my right foot a good bit.

DSC_0715.jpg

Not much room there for your feet.My 46 chevy pickup was the same way I made a dog house for it also but I had a 496 in it.

Dale

I need to modify the doghouse. There is more room to be had. It was fabricated when the motor had the fuel filter in place, and it was in need of space near the toeboard. I'll run a AirDog set up and bypass the stock filter that way I get a little more room for a gas pedal.

Did your motor come out of an industrial setup and not a dodge setup? I think the dodge vs. industrial setups had a different coolant elbow. Im not sure on this though. Might be something to look into.

Nice lookin project

Thanks!

Did your motor come out of an industrial setup and not a dodge setup? I think the dodge vs. industrial setups had a different coolant elbow. Im not sure on this though. Might be something to look into.

The tan engine was out of a freightliner, the current engine is a Dodge. No matter what set up I come up with, the frame will need to get notched. I'm going to run what I have and trim the frame a bit. After seeing all of the front sheet metal in place, I see where I can install plumbing.

On your water inlet, I'd cut the stock dodge bracket and weld a cast elbow on it to get it to fit without cutting the frame a lot. I have some industrial inlets that might work but you will have to change some other things if you want to go that route. Your truck looks good! Hopefully this summer we can start my Dad's 47.

Attachments

• indinlet.png
    indinlet.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
On your water inlet, I'd cut the stock dodge bracket and weld a cast elbow on it to get it to fit without cutting the frame a lot. I have some industrial inlets that might work but you will have to change some other things if you want to go that route. Your truck looks good! Hopefully this summer we can start my Dad's 47.

No matter what route I go with the water outlet, I will have a frame modification to make somewhere. With the set up I have, I can french a half-pipe into the frame and go with it. It will work out great. Going to need to take a break from it for a while. Gotta prep for my tax accountant this week, then business should really start to ramp up next week and I'm going to be running non stop.

More details on your Dad's '47?

thats what i did on my app, worked good with no a/c pump.
looks AWESOME...keep up the good work

No matter what route I go with the water outlet, I will have a frame modification to make somewhere. With the set up I have, I can french a half-pipe into the frame and go with it. It will work out great. Going to need to take a break from it for a while. Gotta prep for my tax accountant this week, then business should really start to ramp up next week and I'm going to be running non stop.

More details on your Dad's '47?

We got it for him for his birthday last year and he has been slowly gathering parts for it. We're still waiting for the title for it. :( He needs a LH front fender and some grill trim if you know of any extra. LOL The plan is to put a 10 lug D70 in the rear with 19.5's and air ride suspension. The front is getting a front suspension from a 76 C30 with air bags too I think. It'll have a P-pumped 12v and an A518 for the time beeing. It's just going to be a cruiser for him. Unless he changes his mind. LOL

We got it for him for his birthday last year and he has been slowly gathering parts for it. We're still waiting for the title for it. :( He needs a LH front fender and some grill trim if you know of any extra. LOL The plan is to put a 10 lug D70 in the rear with 19.5's and air ride suspension. The front is getting a front suspension from a 76 C30 with air bags too I think. It'll have a P-pumped 12v and an A518 for the time beeing. It's just going to be a cruiser for him. Unless he changes his mind. LOL

NICE! I keep thinking about air ride, but I'm going to pass on it for this truck. Maybe the next one.

That radiator should be more than capable once I get a good pressure capable neck/cap installed. If it could cool a flathead with a no-flow water pump, 4 blade fan without a shroud, etc....it will cool a modern engine with a hi-flow pump and a killer electric fan.

Scored big at the junkyard this weekend.....set of 4 Alcoa wheels for the GM axles for a really good price. Can't wait to get them home and clean them up!

Do yourself a favor and soundproof everything you can while all the firewall and floor is bare, wish I would of years ago when I did my conversion.

Glad to see your still at it.

Still at it for sure, just at a much slower pace than expected. The economy is slow and I have no extra money for this truck right now so other stuff is going to get turned into cash.

Do yourself a favor and soundproof everything you can while all the firewall and floor is bare, wish I would of years ago when I did my conversion.

I plan on it. I'm thinking Lizard Skin on the outside floor/firewall, then all kinds of sound deadener/insulation inside. I want tomb-like silence, or as close to it as possible!

Cool I like it when things come together when you can buy parts at a resonable prices.

Dale

Back