1957 Dodge Power Wagon , 4-Linked on Bags, Cummins

Looking good Mike! Are you planning on using something like Accuair's to control/manage your air suspension?

Looking good Mike! Are you planning on using something like Accuair's to control/manage your air suspension?

Thanks, every time I say I am getting close, there is something else to do. Oh well.

I am not planning on using a compressor off the bat, and definitely not planning on a system to manage the bags. They can handle the light loads I run around with weekly. I tow a 12-14k trailer 1-2 times a year. For such an event I'll just up the pressure before I embark. I do plan on running an airline from each bag to the rear of the truck for easier access.

Thanks, every time I say I am getting close, there is something else to do. Oh well.

I am not planning on using a compressor off the bat, and definitely not planning on a system to manage the bags. They can handle the light loads I run around with weekly. I tow a 12-14k trailer 1-2 times a year. For such an event I'll just up the pressure before I embark. I do plan on running an airline from each bag to the rear of the truck for easier access.

This is what a friend of mine did. He had little valve stems above the license plate that he'd put a certain amount of air into before he hauled a load. Easy to fill and easy to check.

It might not be as bad with the shorter bags that you're running, but even 1000 pounds or so in the back of my truck will move 3-4 inches. That's fine if you're loading up at home with access to air, but if you're picking stuff up, it might be a pain.

I'll certainly test it out at home Tate, thanks for the idea.

Been awhile since I actually loaded photos so... here we are. Kings are in. Brake lines are on, need to be bled. Radiator will go in tomorrow along with fan and such.

To do list includes radiator, fuel pedal, shutoff cable, bleed brakes, hook up E brake, plumb and wire electric fuel pump, wire starter, fill tank with fuel and check for leaks.

Then we will be driving. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

IMG_2992_zpsrbbwmafs.jpg

IMG_3048_zpsafbzzs0s.jpg

IMG_3027_zpsvxferjgo.jpg

IMG_3061_zpsbztkexpu.jpg

IMG_2955_zpsbqzs6j4r.jpg

Nice work Mike! I'm excited to hear how you like your suspension setup.

looks great!! seeing the pics of your progress is helping to get me motivated to start on mine again.

Looking great man!

I would also like to see some finished pictures of that bed. We can see a preview of it in the last picture with the truck sitting outside. I be it is gorgeous with the boards stained. I was wanting to build a bed similar to what you built for my semi "pickup" build.

I can get some good photos once I have the front end back on and what not.

We have a runner. Truck is a total blast to drive!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UhCm8NybWU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UhCm8NybWU[/ame]

Back