1967 RS Duramax Camaro

You've done an absolutely outstanding job! Congrats on making it a reality :clap:

You should make up a photo scrapbook of all the build pics you've posted and put it out for people to look at when you're at car shows like this. People will then truly understand and appreciate just how much work you've put into your car. Again, congrats on getting the credit for your build that you richly deserve.

That's a good idea. That would be a lot of pictures... I think it's somewhere over 700 by now, so I would probably have to leave a few out :hehe:

You've done an absolutely outstanding job! Congrats on making it a reality :clap:

:thankyou2:

Went to another car show today at Fred Stoke's Ranch. Lots of cars and great people.

IMG_1496_zps41d4d213.jpg

IMG_1495_zps89c9a9e7.jpg

IMG_1494_zps5de2bd4d.jpg

IMG_1493_zps8fcb1dae.jpg

IMG_1492_zps74ed6c38.jpg

IMG_1491_zps92f00d01.jpg

IMG_1490_zps5fcf62cb.jpg

IMG_1489_zps684aadc1.jpg

At this show he opens up his shop and lets everyone take a tour. In this picture there are 12, yes 12, hemi's in a row. I couldn't stand back far enough to get them all in the picture, let alone the 2 dragsters (both with hemi's as well) that were behind me.

IMG_1488_zpsa459ed8d.jpg

IMG_1487_zps38a2e83b.jpg

IMG_1486_zps3daee80c.jpg

IMG_1485_zpse02d2b5a.jpg

IMG_1484_zps23318a14.jpg

IMG_1483_zpsb346fbaf.jpg

My dad painted this truck a long time ago (before I was born I think). It belongs to a good friend of his. It's sitting on an s10 chassis and has a 427 big block, not to mention the custom built dump bed.

IMG_1482_zpsc0d26edc.jpg

IMG_1481_zpsa3070556.jpg

IMG_1480_zps69dec6d9.jpg

IMG_1479_zpsf4af98e0.jpg

IMG_1478_zps58e2bf65.jpg

IMG_1477_zps2a7180fc.jpg

IMG_1476_zps84a62769.jpg

IMG_1475_zps27972f14.jpg

^^^ Well, that looks like a lot of fun. Any entertaining comments about your Camaro?

Best comment of the day from another car guy joking to his buddy:

"Hey man, that thing got a hemi? No, it's got a diesel, dumbass!" :hehe:

It was definitely the talk of the crowd. There was at least 200 cars there and probably the most popular. Tons of people asking questions and really appreciating the car for what it is.

Best comment of the day from another car guy joking to his buddy:

"Hey man, that thing got a hemi? No, it's got a diesel, dumbass!" :hehe:

It was definitely the talk of the crowd. There was at least 200 cars there and probably the most popular. Tons of people asking questions and really appreciating the car for what it is.

That's awesome! Glad to hear that others appreciate the car as much as we do!!!

Very cool and thanks for sharing the pics. 12 hemi's is pretty sweet. I could use some misc pieces for mine. :)

Any more pics of this rig that shows the back end?

seeing how low the bed is to the ground and I don't see a hump in the bed for the rear diff, is that thing based on an old FWD GMC motorhome?

IMG_1483_zpsb346fbaf.jpg

It was in the Cool April Nights car show here in redding last year. It has a 12v Cummins and it is front wheel drive.

Very cool and thanks for sharing the pics. 12 hemi's is pretty sweet. I could use some misc pieces for mine. :)

I was stunned. I'm pretty sure they were 392 hemi's, but still...

That was my first thought as well, or a Detroit, but it had a 455 Olds in it.

Any more pics of this rig that shows the back end?

seeing how low the bed is to the ground and I don't see a hump in the bed for the rear diff, is that thing based on an old FWD GMC motorhome?

IMG_1483_zpsb346fbaf.jpg

It is based off an old motorhome chassis, although I'm not sure which one, and I'm almost positive it is FWD. He did a lot of custom work to the chassis to make it what it is and to swap the body onto it. He hauls all kinds of cars/hot rods on it. No more pics sadly...

Looks like it says Dodge on the front fender.

It does.

It was in the Cool April Nights car show here in redding last year. It has a 12v Cummins and it is front wheel drive.

It must be a different one because the owner told me it was never a diesel. It just has the 455 in it. I saw the stacks and instantly got excited to see another diesel at the show, only later to learn what it was. It was still really cool though.

Probably a Toronado 455/TH400 FWD setup. Damn near bulletproof back in the day....
I love Oldsmobiles. :)

Last edited:
This is an example of a GMC motorhome from the 70's. They are the only FWD motorhomes that I know of. They did come with the Toronado 455 FWD powertrain. They are also the only motor home I know of that had single wheel tandem axles.

cover.jpg

It must be a different one because the owner told me it was never a diesel. It just has the 455 in it. I saw the stacks and instantly got excited to see another diesel at the show, only later to learn what it was. It was still really cool though.

I remember now! You are correct and I was way off..... :doh::nail: Crap!

This is an example of a GMC motorhome from the 70's. They are the only FWD motorhomes that I know of. They did come with the Toronado 455 FWD powertrain. They are also the only motor home I know of that had single wheel tandem axles.

cover.jpg

Ah yes....the Urban Assault Vehicle :hehe:

BTW, that trans was known as a TH425.

Back