1987 White Volvo with a 6-71 detroit

Vid description said 6-71. What model Euc is that? I have a hard time telling the old ones apart.

I can't tell what model that is actually either. suppose it might actually be a 6-71 since I can't actually see in the engine bay, I can't say for sure. Truck just looked big enough to be a 110. since GM took over in 1954 they used loads of them.

Here's a twin turbo 750hp 8v92 DDEC II electronic 2 stroke that I worked on in a big snow blower at the Calgary airport authority. That's stock configuration too.

d15b6bd1-faac-97fe.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

If I could get a killer deal on this, I always see big cummins for sale cheap on craigslist, for example I saw an N13 , guy wanted 1200 OBO for and it ran. Guessing most bellhousings for these trucks are the same?
Although this is does have the turbo on it, so it may have some power. Going next weekend to look at it.
What do you guys think of its general condition from the pics?

That's a N-14 you're thinking of, good engine

x2 on the n-14. I would buy that truck for 2k. Probably work good for pulling light loads and thats it. We had a truck like that one time with a mechanical volvo and a volvo 8 speed. It rode smooth and held together. Only down fall was the throttle. At full throttle half my boot would get stuck under the brake pedal and make for quite a scare sometimes. You do realize it has a tag axle right? Not a big deal but to some people it is.

Every down stroke is a power stroke in a 2 cycle engine. That doesn't make it better than a 4 cycle.

Seriously, a 6-71 is a waste of time in a big truck.

didn't say they're better, but you get twice the power strokes per RPM

that's why a 250cc 2 stroke bike will walk a 400cc 4 stroke bike

I only paid $4k for my '98 Freightliner. C12 13 speed.

You can do better. but its your money.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I have got 4 others on the table,
99 international 9400 eagle with a 3406 cat and 800k miles for $4000
78 KW day cabwith a big cam cummins for $3500,
80 KW day cab with a rebuilt cat 3406 for $4k
1964 B61 mack day cab, real good shape twin screw. Thermodyne mack turbo diesel. $3500

Only issue im seeing is getting these home, I got no problems driving a car home I might buy with switched tags or something like that, but it just seems to me if I get caught in a rig with switched tags I will no doubt be up poop creek without a paddle. My deck over is rated for 12k, and im pretty sure everything im looking at weighs at least 15k. Then the second option is my buddys gooseneck rated for 18k. Third option is buy whatever it is, drive home, get tags, and then drive back to get it.

Im kind of starting to stray away from wanting a 2 stroke detroit, as from reading other posts around the forms, looks like it takes alot to make them have power reliably

I thought it was a 6-71N, being turbo makes it a much better deal and much better to drive. Go for it!

It's hard to beat a B model cat turned up and tuned a bit....same with any of the 855 cummins engines.....but that's just me

I would go for one of the kw's but I just like a kw. For a toy to pull light loads the little 671 would work just fine and run forever.the biggest problem is finding some one who can properly tune it to make it run right it sounds like most of the guys here never been in a 71 series the was tuned by someone who knew what they were doing it makes a huge difference in how they run. with the right injectors, some rpms,and the govener and rack set so it revs like a 125 dirt bike with the slightest twitch of the throttle they will surprise people with how well the run if you can shift it.

Back