1990 d350 2wd stick what proformance parts

what do you have fully done to your truck? do you know dmitri millard

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has at least heard of him. some don't have a very high opinion of him.

What Brad said.

I had a K$N filter (bought truck with it, i dont recommend it), drilled banjo bolts, 4k rpm spring, 60lbs valve spring, DennyT stage 1 pin (i had a 2 but didnt like it), a hacked 4" exhaust, a set of old Banks gauges, and a clutch that wouldnt die.

What Brad said.

I had a K$N filter (bought truck with it, i dont recommend it), drilled banjo bolts, 4k rpm spring, 60lbs valve spring, DennyT stage 1 pin (i had a 2 but didnt like it), a hacked 4" exhaust, a set of old Banks gauges, and a clutch that wouldnt die.

Drilling out your banjo bolts is something not a lot of guys know about but it helped me quite a bit. I went with an AirDog 165 so I don't use them now but on a budget build I totally would.

Search is all I gotta say... You better have deep pockets at 15 for something like this.

My dad gets stuff cheap and I dont get my license till I'm 17 in British Columbia CA so i have 2 years to build it. :woohoo:

Search is all I gotta say... You better have deep pockets at 15 for something like this.

What Rick said.^^^

My oh my I remember my outrageous goals at your age. Not knocking you buddy, just saying the same thing Rick said. Deep pockets, young grasshopper, deep pockets. The key to building anything is to just have fun with it, enjoy it, and like Jon said, build it a little at a time. It really helps you to appreciate what you created...and broke... LOL

What Rick said.^^^

My oh my I remember my outrageous goals at your age. Not knocking you buddy, just saying the same thing Rick said. Deep pockets, young grasshopper, deep pockets. The key to building anything is to just have fun with it, enjoy it, and like Jon said, build it a little at a time. It really helps you to appreciate what you created...and broke... LOL

thank you for the input not sarcasm i respect you guys.:bow:

My dad gets stuff cheap and I dont get my license till I'm 17 in British Columbia CA so i have 2 years to build it. :woohoo:

Hey I'm only 17 and my build took a turn from mild to wild very quickly. But yes, I cannot stress enough to you the importance of knowledge. It can save you thousands of dollars and more headaches than you could ever imagine. Don't rush and enjoy building it, otherwise it's not worth it at all.

Hey I'm only 17 and my build took a turn from mild to wild very quickly. But yes, I cannot stress enough to you the importance of knowledge. It can save you thousands of dollars and more headaches than you could ever imagine. Don't rush and enjoy building it, otherwise it's not worth it at all.

You're build is sick

What Rick said.^^^

1st Gens have a way of humbling both your opponents and you. You buy something halfway broke, fix it, embarrass newer trucks, break something trivial or have an exasperated electrical problem, find out you gotta build it yourself, get complemented on keeping grandpa's truck running, wash rinse and repeat! LOL

At 18, i thought i would have a solid fire breathing 600hp by now 7 years later. I got the fire part down and between the 3 trucks had 600hp.

Kid, i ran a best of 15.5x @ 84ish mph 3 times. At 6200lbs that pits me around 260 to 300 whp depending on which calculator and which number you use. And i would say i lost about .5 to nearly a second with mine being a manual vs automatic.

My dad and I are also going to be building a 2wd single cab short box p-pump truck for drag racing I just need a decent truck to get it there:rockwoot:

No manual will with stand being drag raced for very long. End of story kid.

I also hate to be the buzzkill here but... The guys here aren't gonna just spoon feed you a build most likely. We can help on things but reading and searching is what needs to be done on your part.

Last edited:
Back