1st Annual BD Diesel Performance- Truckin Nationals

I agree to a point shaun.. problem is,, at least my problem is, I cant afford to keep up with the big guys... sure,, for a little extra my truck could run easily 9's but,,, I cant afford to keep fixing it.. at least in superstreet I can dial it back, run some mid to high 10's and being light it shouldnt break things,, making it an affordable sport.. for me. I spent every penny I had this winter and about 15 grand of the banks money on my truck,, I cant keep up at that rate..

I guess my point is that I want to run, make laps and have fun,, and I dont think or feel that I can do that in pro street..

the record can never be held in the 9's cause NHRA rules state that you need a fuel cell, batteries relocated at 9.99999, so if they diqualify guys for running under 11.5 for no roll bar, you'll be disqauilied if you run in the 9's in superstreet.

if you want to run nines let your nuts drop and go play in superstreet. any truck that is goin to run nines isn't a daily driver that can tow, kevins truck doesn't even have a bed in it, i thought superstreet was for daily driver trucks wanting to push the limits, a stripped truck with no interior should be moved into a class of what it is, a race truck
Nope, fuel cells and relocated batteries are not required for 9.99 or quicker, as far as I can tell. My low-9 second gasser has been running a stock Vega fuel tank (narrowed slightly and aftermarket sump added) for years. Here are the sections on Fuel Tanks:
FUEL SYSTEM
All fuel-tank filler necks located inside trunk must have filler neck
vented to outside of body. Vented caps prohibited. All batteries, fuel
lines, fuel pumps, or filler necks located inside trunk require
complete bulkhead of at least .024-inch steel or .032-inch aluminum
to isolate driver compartment from trunk. Fuel lines must be located
outside driver compartment. Fuel tanks must be within confines of
the body. See General Regulations 1:5.

1:5 FUEL SYSTEMS
Location: All fuel tanks, lines, pumps, valves, etc. must be outside
of the driver’s compartment and within the confines of the frame
and/or steel body. Cool cans, fuel-distribution blocks, etc. must be
located at least 6 inches forward of the flywheel/bellhousing area on
rear-wheel-drive (RWD) vehicles, and on opposite side of
flywheel/housing area on front-wheel-drive (FWD) vehicles. Fuel
pressure gauge isolators, with steel braided line, may be mounted
on firewall.

Tanks: When permitted by class regulations, fuel tanks located
outside body and/or frame must be enclosed in a steel tube frame
constructed of minimum 1 1/4-inch O.D. x .058 chromoly or .118
mild steel tubing. All fuel tanks must be isolated from the driver’s
compartment by a firewall, completely sealed to prevent any fuel
from entering the driver’s compartment. All fuel tanks must have a
pressure cap and be vented outside of body. A positive-locking
screw-on fuel tank cap is mandatory on all open-bodied cars.
Insulated fuel tanks prohibited. When used, fuel cells must have a
metal box protecting the part of the fuel cell that is outside of body
lines or trunk floor, excluding hose connection area in rear. Nonmetallic
fuel cells or tanks must be grounded to frame.

Here are the relevant battery rules:
BATTERIES
Batteries must be securely mounted, may not be located in driver
compartment. See General Regulations 8:1.

MASTER CUTOFF
Mandatory on any car with a battery running 9.99 (*6.39) or quicker,
any car exceeding 135 mph, or on any car where the battery is
relocated into the trunk area. See General Regulations 8:4.

8:1 BATTERIES
All batteries must be securely mounted; must be of sufficient
capacity to start vehicle at any time. Batteries may not be relocated
into the driver or passenger compartments. Rear firewall of .024-
inch steel or .032-inch aluminum (including package tray) required
when battery is relocated in trunk. In lieu of rear firewall, battery
may be located in a sealed .024-inch steel, .032-inch aluminum, or
NHRA-accepted poly box. If sealed box is used in lieu of rear
firewall, box may not be used to secure battery and must be vented
outside of body. Relocated battery(s) must be fastened to frame or
frame structure with a minimum of two 3/8-inch-diameter bolts.
OEM located batteries without complete OEM hold-down hardware
must be secured to OEM battery box/tray using the same 3/8-inchdiameter
bolt hold-down method described in previous sentence.
(“J” hooks prohibited or must have open end welded shut.) Metal
battery hold-down straps mandatory. Strapping tape prohibited. A
maximum of two automobile batteries, or 150 pounds combined
maximum weight (unless otherwise specified in Class
Requirements), is permitted. Maximums may vary according to
Class Requirements.

8:4 MASTER CUTOFF
Mandatory when battery is relocated, or as outlined in Class
Requirements. An electrical power cutoff switch (one only) must be
installed on the rearmost part of each vehicle and be easily
accessible from outside the car body. This cutoff switch must be
connected to the positive side of the electrical system and must
stop all electrical functions including magneto ignition. The off
position must be clearly indicated with the word “OFF.” If switch is
“push/pull” type, “push” must be the action for shutting off the
electrical system, “pull” to turn it on. Any rods or cables used to
activate the switch must be minimum 1/8-inch diameter. Plastic or
keyed switches prohibited. Switches and/or controls must be
located behind rear wheels on rear-engine dragsters.

You rule book must be very outdated Shawn cause my 2009 and 2010 rule book state the same things that Micheal posted. You want me to put a hitch in the orange truck I will, you want me to drive it to the track, I will. MY TRUCK IS STREET LEGAL, its passed safety inspection after the mods were done and it has full registration and insurance, that pretty much means a street vehicle. I have a couple of friends that run drag cars that run in the 9's and they still drive it on the street.

My fault, when I goggle it, I didn't realize it was a different organizations rules. Sorry about that. It said nhra before I clicked it but sent me to another page.

Can't wait for this event. Have a feeling there will be a new superstreet leader after this event. It'll be nice to have some heads up 10 second trucks going at it.

Aaron I have your JD here lol

Shawn,
No problem, I just wanted to clarify. It's amazing how many track tech officials will claim stuff that's not in the rulebook as well.

Have you found the source of the low oil pressure issue from Texas?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

She's fixed. Low pressure oil regulator stuck open, once I found it. It was a 5 mins fix and $34 bucks

Nothing else is hurt Shawn? Im excited to see that bad boy run in Mission! Im just hoping that my truck will hang with ya!

My fault, when I goggle it, I didn't realize it was a different organizations rules. Sorry about that. It said nhra before I clicked it but sent me to another page.

Can't wait for this event. Have a feeling there will be a new superstreet leader after this event. It'll be nice to have some heads up 10 second trucks going at it.

Aaron I have your JD here lol

:kick::kick:

Haha way to stir the pot Shawn.
Looking Forward to enjoying some JD cheer with you in a parking lot somewhere. :Cheer:

See you at the races buddy.
And look at it this way you got the fastest powerstroke record for now....... until I get something to beat you.LOLLOL

Getting closer to this event! I'm trying to decide which (if any) mods to do to my truck before the event. I have a new billet torque converter ready to go in, and an intercooler as well, but all my "spare" time is being spent on my gasser race car trying to get it back together.

Any "show specials" at BD? I was thinking of buying something BD for my truck just to be eligible for contingencies! If I pick the right part, I can use it on rental trucks too ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Getting closer to this event! I'm trying to decide which (if any) mods to do to my truck before the event. I have a new billet torque converter ready to go in, and an intercooler as well, but all my "spare" time is being spent on my gasser race car trying to get it back together.

Any "show specials" at BD? I was thinking of buying something BD for my truck just to be eligible for contingencies! If I pick the right part, I can use it on rental trucks too ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Michael,

You bet there is show specials for you...... I am sure I can hook you up with something to help you out:tree:

Looking forward to this events its going to be a good one!!!! 1 week till I head to Mission.

Pat there is a dealer day on Friday right?

LOL, all of us with visions of winning races are going to be buying stuff for contingencies ;)

I've bought a few things over the past few years just because of the NHRDA contingency program.

Looking forward to this events its going to be a good one!!!! 1 week till I head to Mission.

Pat there is a dealer day on Friday right?

We usually run until about 5pm on Friday. There is Friday night street legal drag races at mission as well for any of you that want to take part in that. $30 gets you usually 4-8 passes.

Aaron you better grab that SS record and set it low, because once I get back from this trip east and get back into it with White Out, It's mine!!:poke: Again, sounds like it's shaping up to be a great event. Sorry we are going to miss it. Next year.

Man,, I think you are picking the wrong horse,, I might not have it in Mission,, but after Calgary I will own it,,, LOL...... gonna be a great year,,

all you guys should pull your head out of the sand, last time i checked a ford owns the super street record, and i know the guy, i don't think he's willing to give it up that easy,

Ken you better come with more than you did in phoenix:kick:

Kevin your truck needs to finish an event without blowing up:hehe:

Aaron well, ok you'll be good competition:kick: but the ol ford better not beat you cause i'll never let it down:hehe::shake::cheer:

all in good fun, see you guys next week:tree::rockwoot:

I know you wont let it go that easy Shawn, but if I get it Im not going to let it go easy either, looks like the battle for the SS record is on again.

And Shawn if the Ford beats me then Ill have to go buy a Ford..........

I know you wont let it go that easy Shawn, but if I get it Im not going to let it go easy either, looks like the battle for the SS record is on again.

And Shawn if the Ford beats me then Ill have to go buy a Ford..........

mission is going to be a battle, ron's truck runs 10's, kelly's dmax runs 10's,aaron low 10's, mid 10's for me, ken does at least one 10 be fore boombif, sorry kenvin, and i heard of a couple other dmax's that runs high 10's that'll be there, the superstreet class will be exciting to watch in mission

Back