2.5 2012

Sorry misread turbine. But why limit the hot side. A 7.3 isn't going to be able to use a .90 ar housing on the street. Where as a 5.9 could and run fine. The compressor can only flow so much air which is a good limiter. Why took send the turbo to a tech locatition. Tech it and put a lock on it. Charge 30 dollars or so and cut down on tech at the track. If the seal is broken your disqualified.

Works for go kart engines in the box stock class. Why wouldn't this work for a turbo.

Not referring to turbine housing size, referring to turbine wheel size.

Let me explain in common sense reasons, often what is left out of these rule threads.

Teching the compressor/turbine wheels by pulling covers takes time, and difficult to do on some models - No good.

Claimer rule, first guy to have his stock twins claimed from him only to have to replace at 3-4 times the cost out of spite - No good.

Expecting people to not push larger wheels in smaller frame chargers, or modify parts to get more flow, 2.6" again - No good.

Opening someone's pump @ a sled pull to tech the plungers - No good.

Tech and tagging chargers won't get trucks out of the parking lot onto the track - No good.

Adding weight should be allowed, rule should read - No exterior ballast allowed.

Let's get facts straight, Nascar does not use turbochargers, the restrictor proposed is used in virtually the same design in almost every other turbocharged motorsport however. They are inexpensive, and limit flow to the compressor, which will also limit the turbine size you can use, and can be clamped in place in minutes.

Kino's rules are pretty close, but.....

I still like the no hanging weight in WS. I think that rule alone would keep a lot of the hot trucks from trying to play PlayGround bully or what ever. Make all the Power you want, but if you can hang weight....gonna break a whole lot of parts!!!!

Kino's rules are pretty close, but.....

I still like the no hanging weight in WS. I think that rule alone would keep a lot of the hot trucks from trying to play PlayGround bully or what ever. Make all the Power you want, but if you can hang weight....gonna break a whole lot of parts!!!!

I disagree on the no hanging weight keeping folks out, you just set the truck up to run without them, it is some changes, but not hard to do.

Anybody remember Dale Calender lifting the front wheel on his Dmax?

what would be so bad about checking plunger size at the track? There are engine protests all the time in the gasser classes. If someone doesn't allow thier engine to be tore down and checked, then they are automatically DQ'd. And yes this takes a while even just to pull one head and check bore and stroke.

The reason for lettin gthe Hot side of the turbo be open is for the ones still running VGT turbo's, plus the d-max and fords (never messed with them much) probably need a different wheel to run well with the cummins. Although I could be wrong. Basically just trying every way possible to make this class use off the shelf, affordable, small frame turbo's that can compete against some one with a custom high dollar charger that is built around tight rules. If any of you turbo guru's have any ideas, feel free to chime in.

I like the restrictor tube idea, but like you said before weston, something like that isn't going to pull trucks from the parking lot to the pits if they are required to have the tube and I doubt any organization is going to supply thier pullers with these tubes no matter how inexpensive they are.

As for hanging weight, any truck can win with or with out hanging weight. If I remember right the winner of TS '10 didn't have any weight in the 2.6 class. Hanging the weight out front would just make it easier to add or remove weight rather than crawling in the bed and throwing it over. And like said before you are still going to have those that will hide weight up front in the bumper or have water filled bumpers so this would really help keep the *****ing down in that department.

what would be so bad about checking plunger size at the track?

You going to limit CP3 size also? Same boat.

I like the restrictor tube idea, but like you said before weston, something like that isn't going to pull trucks from the parking lot to the pits if they are required to have the tube and I doubt any organization is going to supply thier pullers with these tubes no matter how inexpensive they are.

I said tech/tagged chargers won't get them from the parking lot to the track. A restrictor could be purchased on site, or borrowed from another person.

Restrictor is only feasible way to make it where an off the shelf regular charger can compete with the custom chargers. You really think you're going to equalize the class by how much they can hook up? If they're willing to spend the coin on chargers, they'll spend more money with a susp guy to set his heap for him if he can't figure it out himself. ;)

People drive me up a damn wall with this fantasy of real street trucks competing and winning against purpose-built pulling trucks. Sure, someone might drive their pull truck on the road sometimes but winners in high end pulling areas are NOT going to 99% of the time. Of course there's exceptions to everything but not many.

Only chance of that pipe dream coming true is with restrictor tubes. Even then, the top trucks will still likely find some way to keep winning. ;)

ive read several of these threads on ws,2.6., 2.5 so on and so forth trying to get some insight on how i want to set my truck up in the future when i get it ready to pull. and to be honest id like to be competitve with the others but with so many cheaters and b itchers im not even worried about it. ima just build my truck to meet the rules and run it. if i get my ass handed to me, oh well ima have fun doing it. thats what its about anyways. i mean you spend a ton of money on these trucks and might win a $600 check if you get first place. ima build my truck to meet work stock rules run it and if i cant hack it with those guys il save my monet up and move to 2.6. and yes im planning on keeping my truck streetable even if i move to 2.6. way i see it is if a guy wins someone wants to protest make em put $1,000 down tear it apart and who ever was right takes the money.

I disagree on the no hanging weight keeping folks out, you just set the truck up to run without them, it is some changes, but not hard to do.

Anybody remember Dale Calender lifting the front wheel on his Dmax?

Trick hitch, Dale is local. Decent friend and i know the guy that does all his work. Dale will be back soon in a Dmax in 3.0 class

You going to limit CP3 size also? Same boat.

From what I have seen 2 trucks, one with a maxed out CP3, and the other with a maxed out 12mm p-pump run right with each other. This was the reason why the CR guys wanted dual CP3's because they claimed they could not compete with the 13mm p-pump guys. If this wasn't the case and a maxed out single CP3 could compete against 13mm's, then why have dual CP3's to begin with.

At the hp level of a 2.5" restrictor, the additional fuel won't benefit. Four restrictors shipped today, guess we'll see if they work out or not.

People drive me up a damn wall with this fantasy of real street trucks competing and winning against purpose-built pulling trucks. Sure, someone might drive their pull truck on the road sometimes but winners in high end pulling areas are NOT going to 99% of the time. Of course there's exceptions to everything but not many.

Only chance of that pipe dream coming true is with restrictor tubes. Even then, the top trucks will still likely find some way to keep winning. ;)

Amen, Mitch :clap::clap:

Even the workstock class here (STOCK UNMODIFIED TURBO) has several purpose built trucks in it, and you better have 525-600rwhp if you want to be competitive.

I like the current setup we have here in Ky (b.o.b. rules). Workstock (stock oem unmodified turbo) , 2.6, and 3.0. I always hear how "out of control" everything has gotten. I don't hear any of the regular pullers complaining. They just build their trucks, run em, and if they're gettin their butt handed to them every week by 40ft, theyll come out with something stronger.

Sometimes I think all the whining basically boils down to everyone wanting to be a winner with marine 370s, 3KGSK, and an hx40. Maybe, 10 years ago, but those days are over.

workstock = stock turbo(from any year of truck brand) and whatever fueling you want to run.if a guy wants to run a 13mm p-pump let him.lol. no hanging weights . sounds good to me.

Same around here Josh. Heck, look at Dale Dalenburger (sp?) he has a HOT running D Max and lays down awesome run after awesome run. I dont want to restrict guys like that, they are the pullers that are going to show up to a pull and put on a good show.

Im going to stick to my gus and keep with no exterior ballist. Most 2.6 guys around here are running permenent weight box's in 2.6 with their Water/Air set up in it, so that drops those guys.

Also.....No one has said anything about Having to have a full interior.........

Get them light enough and i think stock drive line will live. Not really prostock 4x4 just get it back somewhat affordable.

Ive seen in BOB for instance 2.6 trucks run with 3.0s on loose tracks, only advantage the 2.6 had was run 8k and the 3.0s run 7500. Take em down to 6500 and then its not about hp...its about being able to hook up.

who the hell can get down to 6500 besides regular cabs, that the dumbest idea I have ever heard.. maybe 7500

who the hell can get down to 6500 besides regular cabs, that the dumbest idea I have ever heard.. maybe 7500

20681082-668-undefined.jpg

Maybe you should understand what Ashley is saying before you say it's the dumbest idea you have ever heard.

We hooked exhibition at a World of Outlaw's pull last week, and it is clear that if there will ever be a diesel class, it will not include stock frame/body trucks with DOT tires. You pick a roller up like shown and you would be a lot further along for less money.

Maybe you should understand what Ashley is saying before you say it's the dumbest idea you have ever heard.

We hooked exhibition at a World of Outlaw's pull last week, and it is clear that if there will ever be a diesel class, it will not include stock frame/body trucks with DOT tires. You pick a roller up like shown and you would be a lot further along for less money.

Except for the truck you have pictured. That thing is priced kind of high compared to other used trucks. There's a reason it has been on racing junk for probably over a year now.

The 6500 lb classsuggestion was posted in the wrong place, this is a discussion of work stock or entry level classes, the 6500 lb class would be a dedicated puller class.

Back