2.5 2012

WTF, yeah I wa sunder the impression this was a 2.5 entry level class, not 2.5 dedicated puller, you build that why wouldnt you just throw a 3.0 on it..

ive read several of these threads on ws,2.6., 2.5 so on and so forth trying to get some insight on how i want to set my truck up in the future when i get it ready to pull. and to be honest id like to be competitve with the others but with so many cheaters and b itchers im not even worried about it. ima just build my truck to meet the rules and run it. if i get my ass handed to me, oh well ima have fun doing it. thats what its about anyways. i mean you spend a ton of money on these trucks and might win a $600 check if you get first place. ima build my truck to meet work stock rules run it and if i cant hack it with those guys il save my monet up and move to 2.6. and yes im planning on keeping my truck streetable even if i move to 2.6. way i see it is if a guy wins someone wants to protest make em put $1,000 down tear it apart and who ever was right takes the money.

X2 :clap:

FWIW...I'd like for any class to be able to hang weight, and I can make under 6500lbs easy!

Last edited:
The 2.5 class we are running in IN works... NHRDA has the same rules... 2.5 64mm wheel NO hanging weight no injectables, no dual pumps... lots of power has been and will be made on a single cp3... the 64mm wheel air limits your horsepower anyway so the extra fuel you would get from the second pump would be useless... a box stock charger s400 or s300 based with the proper set up will be competitive... like it was said before everyone is still chasing a stock appearing turbo. The "bonestock" turbo rule is dumb who in there right mind would do all the fueling and tuning mods and still keep the stock turbo??? Also it should be duals only on a dually truck with factory dually wheels in the front, single wheel truck no duals. There are many ways to limit the class but why change something that works now?? If you go allowing dual pumps and stuff like that just jump to 2.6 your gonna blow your truck up anyway.

The 2.5 class we are running in IN works... NHRDA has the same rules... 2.5 64mm wheel NO hanging weight no injectables, no dual pumps... lots of power has been and will be made on a single cp3... the 64mm wheel air limits your horsepower anyway so the extra fuel you would get from the second pump would be useless... a box stock charger s400 or s300 based with the proper set up will be competitive... like it was said before everyone is still chasing a stock appearing turbo. The "bonestock" turbo rule is dumb who in there right mind would do all the fueling and tuning mods and still keep the stock turbo??? Also it should be duals only on a dually truck with factory dually wheels in the front, single wheel truck no duals. There are many ways to limit the class but why change something that works now?? If you go allowing dual pumps and stuff like that just jump to 2.6 your gonna blow your truck up anyway.

And thats the points Ive been trying to stay with. Ever since 2.8 went away, WorkStock has Exploded this year! And its a awesome class IMO the way its run right now!

Some of the Big Dog 2.8 guys jumped down to 2.6 this year because I think they didnt have enough time to get their trucks fully built for 3.0, thus they droped down to 2.6 and pushed a few trucks down to workstock.

All the pulls Ive been to this year Workstock trucks have out numbered 2.6 dang close to 2-1 and I think thats great, and most of those Workstock guys are first year pullers. B.o.B. , NHRDA have good rules and i Believe they are working great!

BOB work stock has had good numbers of trucks pulling. And don't think there won't be any dedicated pulling trucks in ANY entry level class you come up with because BOB has them in the bone stock unmodified turbo class(Work Stock) they run

-Michael

WTF is wrong with dual trucks? Every organization around here say "No Duals". That keeps people in the stands as most guys who bought a diesel truck for work, got a dually of some sort.

I say for dual trucks, make a maximum size of 285-315 wide on all 6 tires. If originally equipped, then run it. If the door/insurance/emblem tag says 2500, no duals allowed. They are at a disadvantage to begin with and more likely tear chit up.

BOB work stock has had good numbers of trucks pulling. And don't think there won't be any dedicated pulling trucks in ANY entry level class you come up with because BOB has them in the bone stock unmodified turbo class(Work Stock) they run

-Michael

hum? funny because they came to Franklin IN and ran the 2.5 rule with hanging weight... I didnt agree with the weight but I think someone down there in KY is starting to see the light... a IN/ILL 2.5 no hanging weight truck won the class

WTF is wrong with dual trucks? Every organization around here say "No Duals". That keeps people in the stands as most guys who bought a diesel truck for work, got a dually of some sort.

I say for dual trucks, make a maximum size of 285-315 wide on all 6 tires. If originally equipped, then run it. If the door/insurance/emblem tag says 2500, no duals allowed. They are at a disadvantage to begin with and more likely tear chit up.

If the truck came from the factory with the duals its allowed

The overall goal is to have a stock looking truck ie. no weight bracket, no fleetside bed trucks with duals, no hood stacks. A truck you can still drive daily a few of which I know do.

why would u give a ex-cab long bed dually truck a big advantage it already has over a truck that originally didn't come with duals and more than likely a shorter wheel base? Thats basically like giving a handycapped guy a kick in the nuts.

i personally like bob rules and plan on building my truck to meet them. but i do know of some trucks pull workstock with dual setups on fleet bed truck i really dont see the problem with it. let folks tweek on the things like wheel setup suspension and such and just focus on the biggest limiting the turbo

hum? funny because they came to Franklin IN and ran the 2.5 rule with hanging weight... I didnt agree with the weight but I think someone down there in KY is starting to see the light... a IN/ILL 2.5 no hanging weight truck won the class

What kind of sense does that make for your argument. You just said some WS trucks from BOB in KY came & got beat against the IL WS trucks. Of course they did! Your WS allows modified stock chargers or aftermarket chargers whereas BOB in KY is STOCK UNMODIFIED turbo class. Itwould make sense that the trucks from here would come up short against the WS trucks there. It's not even close to the same trucks.

What kind of sense does that make for your argument. You just said some WS trucks from BOB in KY came & got beat against the IL WS trucks. Of course they did! Your WS allows modified stock chargers or aftermarket chargers whereas BOB in KY is STOCK UNMODIFIED turbo class. Itwould make sense that the trucks from here would come up short against the WS trucks there. It's not even close to the same trucks.

Exactly, phucking dumb

Unless your comparing hanging weight or not? Even then it's not a good comparison because your trucks can still make considerable more power to overcome the setup disadvantage.

Its funny how Ive gotten a half a dozen calls a week by BOB pullers wanting to know how to get more air (BIGGER TURBO) and still meet there "RULES"... Because they are getting beat by a "STOCK APPEARING" Modified turbo... The issue there is lazy teching... If your going to have rules, you have to hold competitors to them.

As far as the restrictor plate idea... What do you think a 2.5 straight bore inducer is?

All the fuel in the world will benefit you nothing without the air... There is only so much air that will pass through the 2.5" bore...

S400's are getting used soley based on there durability... the S3 based and stock appearing trucks are still just as competitive. A 2.5 class still requires a good driver, and a very good chassis setup.

Stock turbo rules are pointless when they explode every other pull, again ask a BOB guy...

Workstock is just that... Workstock... guys run aftermarket turbos everyday, and tow heavy just the same... Parts are bought because guys want there truck to perform... thats the fun of it! Stock is no fun...

Its not rocket science... tech is easy if a 2.55 plug falls in... jump up. Theres no catering to who can hide the baddest stock appearing turbo.

Caleb

PS:

Will Dalenburg. Danville Performance, Stock Appearing DP VNT 2.5 Charger
http://youtu.be/wq9o8urx_ic

Josh Dellenger. Fleece Performance, S363
http://youtu.be/n0PAQhkhppI

Both trucks were built with bolt on parts. IE: Stock motor, no head work, no aftermarket rods. Anyone can build these types of setups and be competitive. A tech official can look at either one of these trucks, and in about 2 minutes know whether or not they are legal. Visual look for hanging weight in front of the bumper, visual look for compressed gases, 2.5 plug and done. It gives the advantage to the drivers and there setups, not HP.

Last edited:
As far as the restrictor plate idea... What do you think a 2.5 straight bore inducer is?

A 2.5" bore. In which you could house a much larger exducer, and also having a MWE groove which air can be pulled through. Now if you would have said a 2.5" bore with no MWE groove, then yes, that could be compared to a restrictor. Like you said, it's not rocket science.

Part of the "problem" with the 2.6 class was it was just a check with a 2.65 plug. So you ended up with radical chargers. Sounds to me like radical chargers are forthcoming in 2.5 if that's the only check for the charger is a plug test?

There will be no radical chargers no steped covers or clipped wheels, all the tricky turbos happen in the "stock" "unmodified" classes, because if you think all those trucks have a bone stock charger your all crazy... no stock dmax charger sounds like a jet ready for take off and a stock turbo on a cummins with a smarty pump and injectors would only last a few hooks...

You can do or say what you want but if your into sled pulling there is and never will be anything "cheap" about it and anybody with any sense is no gonna want there truck or anything on it to be like a hand grenade with the pin pulled.... thats where rods pistons and even TURBO's come into play a stock turbo no matter what it will only take so much of the power before it go's boom sending metal fragments though your intercooler and into your engine which is why most ppl who do anything to their truck put a turbo on it. That would be where the stock appering go's away because after you blow one do you wanna put another bomb back on your truck a smart person wouldnt they would up grade to something better... $.02

Paul

Back