2.5 s400 turbine sizing

651c888302dfd317750b6e5c8bf4226e.jpg

I seen that last night. I'd like for a clarification on the hitch rule...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Are you Lane? The one who commented on it?

I'm waiting to hear the exact rules on turbo. If clip or bushing is not allowed, does that still allow larger wheels contoured down to 2.5 in a custom housing?

Yep, that's me! And the way our rules read is that the compressor wheel must be 2.55 before and after the map groove. And the inducer bore will be measured with a 2.55 plug or internal calipers!

They say nothing about not using contoured so id go for it. Use a 480 billet wheel and contour it down. .200map groove. You can even get creative with the front cover id say. Use a 96 turbine and 1.25 exh housing.

I'm not trying to tell ya all what to do but remember... bigger isn't always better!

I've gotten aggravated at my truck lately and decided to keep it toned down. Will try to pull in workstock a few times but I don't think I'll have the time to have it ready and also fix for the 2.5 class. My soil sampling deal has kind of blown up and gotten me way too busy. If things change the 463 might still go on it for fun.

Is it possible to contour a wheel and have it still be 2.55 before and after the mwe groove. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back