2.6 charger

strubbs99

trying to figure out a good charger to run for 2.6 class with nadm rules any ideas or no who has good chargers making good power

I'll have a billet s475 2.6 charger up for sale once I get it pulled of and some pics taken. ed built 6 runs
75mm billet wheel 87/93 ex 1.25 t4 housing

What's your setup going to be?

from phone

Precision or HX60, you can spend $2000 now take a $1000 hit on the setup, and then spend $4k ish to buy the right charger, or buy the right charger once.

An s400 charger will run well, but very rarely will put you ahead of a similar truck with the 60 or precision.

Yeah but do it keep up with them. I haven't seen anything saying it does

from phone

but isn't a precision based off a garrett to start with? Just precsions wheel and cover on a garrett turbine housing and center section?

Precision has been using aftermarket turbine wheels based off the Garrett line for quite some time. There is a Garrett turbocharger that works quite well, but it isn't available from Garrett directly.

Last edited:
the guys running precision chargers, how reliable are they? and if they take a crap, i am assuming even if it is a manufacturer defect, the owner takes one with no lube?

the guys running precision chargers, how reliable are they? and if they take a crap, i am assuming even if it is a manufacturer defect, the owner takes one with no lube?

I have heard of issues with lack of lubrication to the turbo, being a reason, but have seen them take care of other stuff.

thank you zstroken. i am looking for as much feed back as possible. i know a few dmax guys that love em, not to hi-jack this thread. but i want something other then a decent sized s400 and am curious to cummins guys running one of the two precisions (unless they have more then they advertise at their booths?) sorry for my lack of precision knowledge.

How is the garret GTX4508R compared to HX60 or precision? Can it be bushinged to run 2.6?

Last edited:
Precision has been using aftermarket turbine wheels based off the Garrett line for quite some time. There is a Garrett turbocharger that works quite well, but it isn't available from Garrett directly.
Which garret might this be?

Is that second part a serious question? Cause you didn't say knock knock if it wasn't

Who would be best to talk to about that Garrett? How are BD Super B Specials and Track Masters for pulling? I believe they are built off of BorgWarner...

Before you get flared up to quickly. Track master turbos are Borg turbos, most after market turbos are borgs with custom Watergate turbine housings. Go on to theboostlab.com and look in the Borg section. You will see a lot of familiar turbos for half the price....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Before you get flared up to quickly. Track master turbos are Borg turbos, most after market turbos are borgs with custom Watergate turbine housings. Go on to theboostlab.com and look in the Borg section. You will see a lot of familiar turbos for half the price....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, they say they are teamed up with Borg...found that on the BD site

Back