2000 7.3 Pulling truck..

psd007.3

i wanna build my truck into a street driveable/pullin truck, and first things first its an auto soo i'm defintly going with a BTS tranny, but what other mods would you guys recomend?? i would like to be around 500hp at the wheels i dont really wanna build it too crazy and have to get into building the bottom end...

hybrid injectors..H2e modded turbo or the cheaper 38r and some good tuneing..adrinalin hpop..that should give you the power

i wanna build my truck into a street driveable/pullin truck, and first things first its an auto soo i'm defintly going with a BTS tranny, but what other mods would you guys recomend?? i would like to be around 500hp at the wheels i dont really wanna build it too crazy and have to get into building the bottom end...

what class do you want to pull?
might be cheaper to buy a truck built

see thats what idk, how do they divide upt he classes?? and how much hp can my 2000 7.3 handle before doing the bottom end and rods and internals?? i should be safe with 500hp right??

^^^^^ with all supporting mods that would be a good starting point.

500+ hp... you better get in the smallest non stock turbo class available... usually the 2.6 class.

Modded 66/19 H2E or S465 or get a T4 mount kit and run a variant of a Gt40 series
Swamps Gen 3 Oil
Swamps 250cc injectors
Swamps Tuning
Your own fuel system from Tank to motor.
headstuds/valvesprings/pushrods are not mandatory but will be "cheap" insurance

BTS tranny

I'd save up for a dana 60 for the front and a dana 80 for the rear. Of course I'm at 600+ and sometimes 700+ and I run stock dana 50 and sterling 10.5 (same as what you have in your truck) on the pulling track and dragstrip and they've held up for me. It's all in tuning your suspension to avoid breakage.

House and I are both running stock bottom ends with good luck with the same basic setup as stated above with larger turbo's and a lot bigger injector.

Last edited:
500+ hp... you better get in the smallest non stock turbo class available... usually the 2.6 class.

Modded 66/19 H2E or S465 or get a T4 mount kit and run a variant of a Gt40 series
Swamps Gen 3 Oil
Swamps 250cc injectors
Swamps Tuning
Your own fuel system from Tank to motor.
headstuds/valvesprings/pushrods are not mandatory but will be "cheap" insurance

BTS tranny

I'd save up for a dana 60 for the front and a dana 80 for the rear. Of course I'm at 600+ and sometimes 700+ and I run stock dana 50 and sterling 10.5 (same as what you have in your truck) on the pulling track and dragstrip and they've held up for me. It's all in tuning your suspension to avoid breakage.

House and I are both running stock bottom ends with good luck with the same basic setup as stated above with larger turbo's and a lot bigger injector.

hey thanx alot man, but when you say my own fuel system, i was actually looking at doing the new air dogII with a regulated return system..?? is that something like you were pointing at?

airdog 150 and ITP reg return/ fuel bowl delete should give you enough fuel

im a big fan of the swamps parts, but i would run twins for oil. JMO

7.3 that rocks

I have a 99. if you want 500 horsepower it is very duable, but it is not cheap.

Turbo, injectors, intake and exhaust, but the biggest help is the high pressure oil system. DP tunner

this will help you, and you won't have to get into the bottom end

Not Cheap

I did 471 hp with single shots and a GT38 a few years ago, stock bottom end and stock HPOP

-lets not forget some good traction bars, (weld on type) as the bolts on give too much roll/flex
-also lowering the front end a little helps too, most use a HD ratchet strap around the frame and axle, drop it down 2 inches or so.
-since you want it streetable, i would lock up the front axle if the rear was limited slip, or for the rear get an e-locker, what ever you wallet can handle

Do no ratchet strap the front end down. Let it droop and stay in contact with the track.

airdog is ok... i prefer making a custom setup with an A1000 or Fuelab

i agree totally with the tranny, but might want to look for a stall converter probably 2000 rpm converter since it is a auto

also if ur a good fabricator or know one build u a drive shaft carriage i case u break ur drive shaft will save u some chit!!!:banned:

dp tuner does a good job with tuning and they can program a tuner to wat u hav done to ur truck and they can modify ur tuner also as u change things

I have a 99. if you want 500 horsepower it is very duable, but it is not cheap.

Turbo, injectors, intake and exhaust, but the biggest help is the high pressure oil system. DP tunner

this will help you, and you won't have to get into the bottom end

Not Cheap

You are saying that a HPOP is the way to make power on a 7.3l? What about the people making 500+ on a stock 17* HPOP?

Back