2005 cummins EFI update

I can say with some level of authority that the 2003 SCI ECM is very simplistic in comparison to the 2004.5 ECM. The 2003 is very 'basic' but how that transfers into tunability is yet to be seen. The 2004.5+ SCI ECM's are quite similar to their CAN counterparts.

Cheers
Cindy[/QUOTE]

Lol is this good or bad for us 03/04 owners. The suspense is getting hard to take! :bang

Swole
That avatar suites you. WHEEEE
doug:snoop:

LOL

I know, Right!!!

That's my favorite commercial but I don't know why. It just makes me laugh. lol
Plus with the whole "Pig = Cop" thing... lol
I just thought it was fitting..

I can say with some level of authority that the 2003 SCI ECM is very simplistic in comparison to the 2004.5 ECM. The 2003 is very 'basic' but how that transfers into tunability is yet to be seen. The 2004.5+ SCI ECM's are quite similar to their CAN counterparts.

Cheers
Cindy

Lol is this good or bad for us 03/04 owners. The suspense is getting hard to take! :bang[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.

I am banking on good news.

LOL

I know, Right!!!

That's my favorite commercial but I don't know why. It just makes me laugh. lol
Plus with the whole "Pig = Cop" thing... lol
I just thought it was fitting..

Atleast you have a sense of humor about it. My girls have recorded that commercial on their dvr just to re watch whenever they want.

Atleast you have a sense of humor about it. My girls have recorded that commercial on their dvr just to re watch whenever they want.

Thats Awesome!
I did the same thing on my phone so I could take still shots of the pig.
Hense my avatar..lo

Sorry for derail folks..

No back to the Good stuff... :)

Are there any anticipated changes in the unit itself that will be needed to be done, or is a unit purchased today going to be good to go when the software is released? ( tax return burning hole in pocket )

Lol is this good or bad for us 03/04 owners. The suspense is getting hard to take! :bang
Sometimes less parameters works well for tuning, sometimes it doesn't. Just take a look at the first Duramax LB7 OS in 2001. No one uses that OS if they can help it. The 2002 OS has much better functionality to deliver tuning results.

Sometimes less is more because it's 'simpler' to get the desired tuning result without fighting other parameters.

I hear ya.

I am banking on good news.
We just won't know the results until there are 2003 trucks running around with our tuning and users start comparing the results to 2004/5 trucks.

Are there any anticipated changes in the unit itself that will be needed to be done, or is a unit purchased today going to be good to go when the software is released? ( tax return burning hole in pocket )
We made hardware changes to FlashScan V2 to accommodate SCI in December 2010. All hardware shipped after that date is SCI compliant.

Cheers
Cindy

Sometimes less parameters works well for tuning, sometimes it doesn't. Just take a look at the first Duramax LB7 OS in 2001. No one uses that OS if they can help it. The 2002 OS has much better functionality to deliver tuning results.

Sometimes less is more because it's 'simpler' to get the desired tuning result without fighting other parameters.

We just won't know the results until there are 2003 trucks running around with our tuning and users start comparing the results to 2004/5 trucks.

To furthur complicate it, there are 4 differrent 01 OS that I know of. 3 of them are just plain horrible, but 1 of them isn't to bad but has it's moments. Then there are 4 or 5 OS's for 02. 2 of them are pretty good, but the others are just as bad as the 01's. GM finally got it all figured out by 03 though as 03-04 LB7's both used the same OS in them, and it was a good one. The kicker is though, that the 03-04 OS can be flashed into an 01-04 ECM and work so long as it has teh right segments in it for the installed options.

I can offer up a 03 if someone wants to do some long distance tuning. When the time comes of course.

I'm in Alliance, NE

QCSB 4x4

Fuel- Floor-it 3.5, Flux 3's

Air- 62/71/14 over a S480, 87 turbine, 1.10ar

Tranny- Billet w/PCS controller

Engine- stock with head studs.

I can offer up a 03 if someone wants to do some long distance tuning. When the time comes of course.

I'm in Alliance, NE

QCSB 4x4

Fuel- Floor-it 3.5, Flux 3's

Air- 62/71/14 over a S480, 87 turbine, 1.10ar

Tranny- Billet w/PCS controller

Engine- stock with head studs.

The key to your offer would be the ECM part number you have. If you look on your ECM it will have 2 labels. Either post a picture, or write down and post the detail on the Cummins Inc Label. The part number begins with CM followed by letters and numbers. It may look like CM846D.

Cheers
Cindy

Cummins Inc.

CM

P/N 3963994
S/N 58345
D/C 12/20/2002
ESN 56997030
E/C S90090.04
E/C S90090.05

P3963994
845L058345
T3962

All that info, and the combo next to CM was blank. It would appear from googling P3963994 that it's the earlier ECM.

Cheers
Cindy

0206121856a.jpg
[/IMG]

Just found one with an identical part number labeled cm846 for what its worth. Not Arguing with anyone, just trying to be helpful.

Back