2005 superduty goes through turbo chargers

Other than the early 6.0's original flash, no 6.0 controls turbo boost by exhaust back pressure. Like he said, they had issues with sooting clogging the stupid tube they fed the sensor from. On any reflash and any build past 04 you can unplug the EBP sensor and the truck will run exactly the same as with it hooked up.

I could be wrong or maybe it was a red herring but when my 05was holding back on upshifting among other things they cleaned the tube and replaced the sensor. Since then it shifts up pretty normal. Now that our phones are so smart we can blame them when something silly gets posted:)

Last edited:
Other than the early 6.0's original flash, no 6.0 controls turbo boost by exhaust back pressure. Like he said, they had issues with sooting clogging the stupid tube they fed the sensor from. On any reflash and any build past 04 you can unplug the EBP sensor and the truck will run exactly the same as with it hooked up.

Are you sure your not thinking of the mass airflow sensor? I have had many 04-07 trucks with bad ebp sensors that did affect the turbo performance.

I post from my phone most of the time. I contribute as much as much as I can on all of the Ford engines. The EBPV post was an auto correct from my phone and I will make it a point from now on to double check my comments before I hit send just for you. But just for chits and giggles, unplug the exhaust back pressure sensor and see what it does to your boost. Any year, doesn't matter. I will bet you that it will rise dramatically and return to normal when you plug it back up. My rant was aimed at techs to pay more attention to doing the diagnostics before they label the owner a retard. A lot of problems arise from an incorrect diagnosis. It is a stupid setup that is used, but that's what we have to work with. Gary

Is the truck stock? no programmer? If it is stock, the only thing I would consider abuse is not changing the oil. I dont care what he hooks to it, at stock fueling he is not going to overboost. Unless there is a problem with the control of the vgt.
Did you check the EBP sensor for correct operation?

That's what I was thinking. I pull with a tow tune at 28,000+ across the scales and have never had a turbo issue. I do maintain the truck regularly however.

That's what I was thinking. I pull with a tow tune at 28,000+ across the scales and have never had a turbo issue. I do maintain the truck regularly however.

You have a little sense though danny, sounds like that guy doesn't have any.

Back