2012 NHRDA Season opener at Speedworld Dragstrip

Excited! We have 5 rooms booked and about 10 trucks coming! Motor is almost done and just got to drop it in :)

Excited! We have 5 rooms booked and about 10 trucks coming! Motor is almost done and just got to drop it in :)

Damn that's cool! underground domination! Hahaha I'm way excited for this year!

Sent from my iPhone during class

This event is gaining momentum like crazy at this rate I believe we will have over 100 competitors in Drag racing alone :tree:

Great way to kick off the season

I think the 11.90 guys should get a little side action going. Anyone who wants to puts $20 in the pot and the winner takes all. If the actual event winner didn't get in the pot, then the last guy standing who did gets the pot. If the last two go out at the sametime then they split the pot. Same if it were the last 4 who all go out in the quarter finals. Hopefully that doesn't happen. What does everyone think of that idea? It's just a gambler's race of sorts, you don't have to enter if you don't want to but it would sweeten the pot a little.:D

I think the 11.90 guys should get a little side action going. Anyone who wants to puts $20 in the pot and the winner takes all. If the actual event winner didn't get in the pot, then the last guy standing who did gets the pot. If the last two go out at the sametime then they split the pot. Same if it were the last 4 who all go out in the quarter finals. Hopefully that doesn't happen. What does everyone think of that idea? It's just a gambler's race of sorts, you don't have to enter if you don't want to but it would sweeten the pot a little.:D

I like the idea, but $100 sounds much more enticing......

Great idea Ken! They do a similar thing @ Woodburn & Firebird. Now, can I find an 11.90 truck to borrow? ;)

Hmmm doesn seem to be much interest so far. I'll tell you what I will do, I will talk to Randy and at the drivers meeting we will know how many have signed up for the 11.90 index class. We'll see if enough guys are interested in this idea to make it worth while and what amount they agree to put in, I doubt it will be $100 that is why I suggested $20. We'll take their NHRDA membership number and their money if there is enough interest and award the winner at the end of the race. I'll have someone keep tabs on where the trucks finish. This OK with everyone?

Its getting closer!! We are cramming to get the truck done but we will be there in full force hoping the truck actually goes down the track LOL

Its getting closer!! We are cramming to get the truck done but we will be there in full force hoping the truck actually goes down the track LOL

Are you going to try and do a couple test passes before the race? Or is it going to be the maiden voyage?

we are going to run in phoenix at firebird the weekend before if everything goes as planned if not yes wittmann will be its maiden voyage.

Last year, only (5) trucks entered the 11.90 index Super Diesel class. Do you anticipate there will be a bunch more this year?

I like the idea, but $100 sounds much more enticing......

Verlon,
What did you do to your D-Max to pick up enough power to run 11.90's and then dial it in perfect enough to pick-up the win at the world finals? I heard that was a pretty competitive race last year.

I recall at the race in AZ last March, your truck ran several 12.6 second passes and as my heap slowed down from 12.30's due to a dying converter, you got a sweet holeshot win in the first round against my Junker.

Here's one of our qualifying runs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbIav4MOlg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbIav4MOlg[/ame]

I was later glad you knocked me out in the first round so I could let it run all-out in the burnout contest with no reservations:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7f-HSh3KH8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7f-HSh3KH8&feature=related[/ame]

Back