2015 ppl 2.6 rules

Only one name in there really matters.

and the other one was put on the spot by "said name" at the rules meeting in regards to deckplate engine dyno results for this class........ and also has 3 or 4 of the last 5 years points champion in the class... so while on the surface that one may seem to dictate.. I listed the other 3 for a damn good reason.

by throwing patricks name up there I didn't list it, but my bad for associating the two.

So is it legal to show up with a gutted bed in 2.6 since the rest of the chassis is gutted.

The only way people are going to get the rules to change for any class is the have numbers at the meetings and to stand up and voice your thoughts of rules. At the PPL meeting for 2.6 rules there was only 6-8 people at the most in indy from the 2 people I knew that went to it.
But rules are that everything is the same but cant run bio fuel and no cutting or altering tires are the main things.

Rather than fix the issues with the class they decided to try and regulate what fuel is being used, which has already proven to be a challenge in NTPA. Since the weight will remain at 8,000lbs, and they plan to allow open driveline in 2016, how closely will OEM driveline be teched in 2015?

If open driveline is planed for 2016 why even bother with OEM stuff for 2015? Guys looking at running in 2015 don't want to send $10k on OE stuff just to cut it out and spend more money on stuff that doesn't break a few months later.

It's should be rather obvious that common sense questions have no place when discussing sled pulling rules.

If open driveline is planed for 2016 why even bother with OEM stuff for 2015? Guys looking at running in 2015 don't want to send $10k on OE stuff just to cut it out and spend more money on stuff that doesn't break a few months later.

I think we might just be part of one big economic stimulus plan.

I am skeptical about the open driveline for 2.6 and the cut tires for 3.0. I think PPL just tells folks what they want to hear...

I am skeptical about the open driveline for 2.6 and the cut tires for 3.0. I think PPL just tells folks what they want to hear...

Why would they care what the pullers think? They have tons of trucks show up to their events and they get pay checks for their TV deals. They will do what they want until they lose trucks or a sponsor, PERIOD. That is called being in the business of making money.

Why would they care what the pullers think? They have tons of trucks show up to their events and they get pay checks for their TV deals. They will do what they want until they lose trucks or a sponsor, PERIOD. That is called being in the business of making money.

exactly itd take one event of boycotting to get the rules the way the pullers want them

exactly itd take one event of boycotting to get the rules the way the pullers want them

I would agree only we all know there would be a handfull of assholes that would be oblivious to the point being made. They would be the show

You can boycott PPL 2.6 if you want but they are big enough just to drop the whole class from the national level. They have plenty of filler classes they can put in to take your spot.

I don't see what all the complaining on this thread is trying to do. I keep hearing all this stuff about the PPL not listening to the pullers but there weren't very many trucks that made the commitment to run PPL schedule the last couple of years. Several of those top puller aren't having problems with their drivelines and didn't want the change. 20+ hooks isn't out of the question for 2.6 trucks. So PPL did listen to the people the made the commitment to run with them and did what they thought the majority of those pullers wanted. Maybe if you sent some more time of your chassis and gear setups you could make them live longer.
Open rearend is not going to be a fix all for your 2.6 problems. Now that everyone is going to try the mt tires and start breaking other parts and then you will all want open driveline. I witnessed more t-case failures this year than I did rear ends with people trying different things. Open driveline 2.6 would be ridiculous since the driveline is the most expensive and timely part about building a 3.0 truck that everyone complains about.
If you don't run PPL you don't have any reason to complain. If your local organization runs PPL runs then adapt them however you guys see fit and don't try to change everyone else's rules.
This whole boycott thing is kind of laughable to me since besides the 2 headlight events, TS and Scheid's, there are 10-15 trucks that consistently show up. The committed trucks are going to show up anyway so I really don't think it matters. 10-15 trucks is still a good show and 30+ is too many for a class for a promoters stand point.

Open rearend is not going to be a fix all for your 2.6 problems. Now that everyone is going to try the mt tires and start breaking other parts and then you will all want open driveline. I witnessed more t-case failures this year than I did rear ends with people trying different things. Open driveline 2.6 would be ridiculous since the driveline is the most expensive and timely part about building a 3.0 truck that everyone complains about.

My understanding is 2016 will be ODL not just open rear.

And I disagree on ODL being the most expensive part of a 3.0 truck. ODL can be done for less than 10k. What does a fully built auto cost? 6-7k?

Back