2015 ppl 2.6 rules

The head rule has me scratching my head. Is it OEM or is it unlimited with just a width and length rule and no height or material restriction?

Ya I'd like to know their definition of OEM.
I doubt everyone will be remove the Hamilton heads though.

Last edited:
Maybe its a poke at the V8 guys running the Brodix head. I would assume the head is a different degree??? Just thinking out loud

Yes but if they don't enforce the rules, what does it matter? How long have the Wagler and Hamilton heads been in the 2.6?

Probably several years. I don't see anything in 2.6 that prohibits Hamilton heads. IIRC the rule says stock appearing head. Which wouldn't allow billet heads.

If you read the write up diesel power magazine did on the Hamilton head. It shows a Haisley 3.0 motor sporting one. I'm pretty sure most of the engines they build for 2.6 and 3.0 have them.

I belive the Brodix head has one less freeze plug than the factory head, but I could be mistaken.

You could be correct, I don't know exact specs but with me looking at one laying on the table I couldn't tell it wasn't OE. But I also didn't have a factory head laying there to look either. I was surprised

Yes but if they don't enforce the rules, what does it matter? How long have the Wagler and Hamilton heads been in the 2.6?

The Hamilton heads were being run before they were really "allowed". I don't see them going away either. They'll just say they're OE size of a 24v head which is taller than a 12v. I'm not against the aftermarket heads anymore. We have run running with us and with limited Turbo size they don't show out like I thought they would.

Probably several years. I don't see anything in 2.6 that prohibits Hamilton heads. IIRC the rule says stock appearing head. Which wouldn't allow billet heads.

If you read the write up diesel power magazine did on the Hamilton head. It shows a Haisley 3.0 motor sporting one. I'm pretty sure most of the engines they build for 2.6 and 3.0 have them.

If it doesn't say no billet heads, then a billet head would be stock appearing....

I mean you have to modify the Hamilton head to make it stock appearing, there are subtle differences.

If it doesn't say no billet heads, then a billet head would be stock appearing....

I mean you have to modify the Hamilton head to make it stock appearing, there are subtle differences.

Oh I agree on the massive grey area.

I'm not against aftermarket heads. But my main reason is durability.

PPL said:
Pro Street Diesel Truck

Page 43 Add 3C. Head must be OEM for that brand engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory
width and length. Head must retain OEM valve angle. Manifold bolt pattern dimensions must retain stock
dimensions.

Page 43 #5 Add No hitch supports or adjusters, if fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the center
line of the rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than centerline of the rear axle.

I don't think that all the shaved heads on the Cummins engines are coming off! The stock intake manifold bolt pattern requirement will require that.

Back