2016 3.0 turbo rule changes

All these changes or possible changes will run people away from the sport, 2.5 guys are making well over 800, 2.6 if your not around 1100 your not in the hunt...it is is all money driven, big money anymore...who can afford 4-5k for just a turbo ever year, not your average dude who wants to pull and have fun.

2.6 has not had a 400hp jump maybe 100hp but that's about it. 3.0 has had a decent jump when large frame turbo came available but even then I don't think that was 400hp either.

So your telling me 4-5 years ago there was some 1200hp 2.6 trucks?

I know there is one specifically that's up front running an HC5A.

No, there isn't. With all these comments that are not true being claimed as fact, it's no wonder the rules get worse every year.

The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

No, it's just raining.

Actually it all went to chit when they allowed the front facing grooves. Everything was manageable until that point. Now both classes have gotten completely out of hand with these BS groove rules and what they will allow and the fact they won't check them every hook. Especially when you have people and companies blatantly cheating with a moveable map groove. I was against them from the very beginning and I'm still against them even though I have one myself. I think it's a piss poor shame people can't just follow the rules the way they are intended. I understand the grey areas and pushing them but there alot that are over the line and no one will step in and say that's illegal.

So your telling me 4-5 years ago there was some 1200hp 2.6 trucks?

No, there isn't. With all these comments that are not true being claimed as fact, it's no wonder the rules get worse every year.

The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

No, it's just raining.

Ok answer this one for me. Hart's is a pretty legit company, no? They seem to have top notch every turbo there is. Turbo to beat in 3.0 correct? Yes JEB has very nice stuff not knocking them at all. I just find it very hard to belive that hart's would push a gt55 2.6 turbo that made xxx amount of hp less than a competitors. Once again my opinion. I've seen no real proof hx60s are on top.

Until sanctioning groups set some restrictions on turbo rules and enforce them, the turbo and engine builders will continue push the envelope for horsepower. If you want to be competitive, you are going to be buying the latest and greatest turbo available.

There you go.....spend $8k on a turbo and $8500 on a SQHD, then some driveshaft work and some odds and ins. You are spending a minimum of $17k before you even get to the track. This makes more sense than changing rules for 2.6 turbo, hitch height, truck weight and/or duals. It mite require some people to do some chassis tuning.

You don't need an $8500 SQHD rearend in a 2.6 (or 3.0 smooth bore) truck. I'd think a common F206 would do just fine. They aren't lightweight aluminum housings with billet hubs and fancy brakes like the super expensive ones but it probably won't break.

Maybe they need to go to a turbo restrictor plate like Ralley cars. That way you can run any turbo you want as long you use the sanctioning bodies restrictor.

Just a thought....

image.jpg

Ok answer this one for me. Hart's is a pretty legit company, no? They seem to have top notch every turbo there is. Turbo to beat in 3.0 correct? Yes JEB has very nice stuff not knocking them at all. I just find it very hard to belive that hart's would push a gt55 2.6 turbo that made xxx amount of hp less than a competitors. Once again my opinion. I've seen no real proof hx60s are on top.

The fact that hx60s are winning major national events and the gt 55s aren't is enough proof I'd say.

All of the top 2.6 trucks run HX60's, not GT55's. Anyone who knows anything, knows that much. All of this is half truths and bad information. This is all laughable.

Maybe I missed it but what does it matter what charger they are running? They are all still breaking chit!

Back