2017 PPL Limited Pro Stock Diesel rules

Gotcha. Thanks for posting them. Nice of them to wait so long

You cant have any supports in front of the rear axle centerline being as they are part of the hitch. As well as connection to the rear above centerline.

I disagree with this. If you read the rules both are acceptable. There's a key phrases in the rules that say, "If attached to the rear axle" and "Pivot point"

I don't know who's truck is in question here but from my experience hitch supports that go over the axle or forward of the axles are legal.

I've pulled with both PPL and NTPA and had the head techs for both organizations go through the rules and both have said this is perfectly legal as well as inspect my hitch several times.

Two years ago at Scheid they admitted that I was perfectly legal but said they would update the rules the next year to eliminate the ability to do that. Two years later the rule remains the same.

I disagree with this. If you read the rules both are acceptable. There's a key phrases in the rules that say, "If attached to the rear axle" and "Pivot point"

I don't know who's truck is in question here but from my experience hitch supports that go over the axle or forward of the axles are legal.

I've pulled with both PPL and NTPA and had the head techs for both organizations go through the rules and both have said this is perfectly legal as well as inspect my hitch several times.

Two years ago at Scheid they admitted that I was perfectly legal but said they would update the rules the next year to eliminate the ability to do that. Two years later the rule remains the same.

Ding, ding ding

If the supports going forward were illegal every tube chassis truck would fail tech

And I'm telling you PPL has seen the pic of the truck and said exactly what I did.

I could be wrong. Probably am.
Point is, class is where it is cause of stuff like this....

Isn't it fairly typical for guys with chevys to cut the rear frame section behind the axle off and replace it with tubing or a thinner bent piece of metal. There are quite a few out there that run ppl that are done this way. These guys don't hide it either. The location of the hitch pivot point is not in front of rear axle so that hitch is legal.

I'm assuming in smoots case they rolled the axle back to get 158". It was a RC lb.

I'm assuming in smoots case they rolled the axle back to get 158". It was a RC lb.

correct!! i saw Baker was tagged in the pic for his services, maybe he will come accross this and enlighten us some more.

Everything looks legal to me.

That 1ton axle should be replace with something bigger though :Cheer:

Obviously hard to see in a picture, but does that hitch stay under the 25 degree rule as it is set up in the pics? Seems steep to me but that is an assumption.

correct!! i saw Baker was tagged in the pic for his services, maybe he will come accross this and enlighten us some more.
I don't believe Baker is involved with the chassis. I got the impression it is that Omps from down that way

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Back