2017 PPL Limited Pro Stock Diesel rules

Im not talking about that exact truck I'm referring to trucks that are currently pulling ppl.

I gotcha. I've haven't seen anything cut from the ec/cc trucks but I've seen 2 or 3 single cabs that have been lengthened in this manner.

MAN I DIDNT KNOW THEIR WAS SO MANY PPL TECH OFFICALS ON THIS WEBSITE .... Second everyone on here saying it's a back half or the hitch is illegal open your eyes and read the rules a little better or take a lesson from JL Builders he knows what a back half is when you add 2 feet to the end of a OEM frame and slide the rear back without CUTTING the frame ... Third you guys show me in the rules where it says no bracing for the hitch forward of the rear axle ????

MAN I DIDNT KNOW THEIR WAS SO MANY PPL TECH OFFICALS ON THIS WEBSITE .... Second everyone on here saying it's a back half or the hitch is illegal open your eyes and read the rules a little better or take a lesson from JL Builders he knows what a back half is when you add 2 feet to the end of a OEM frame and slide the rear back without CUTTING the frame ... Third you guys show me in the rules where it says no bracing for the hitch forward of the rear axle ????
I agree with you. People always read the rules the way they want them to be read, not how they are actually spelled out.

Rules tell you what you must do. Not what you can do. Applied interpretation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So John Mears opinion does not matter? He saw the pic

I will just repost this. The rear of the truck have no problem with I've seen it done and and all its doing is to hold the box mainly. But to the hitch here is the rules

8.​​Hook point must be no closer than 44” of center line of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted center line of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25° angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters, if fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the center line ofm rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle.

I'm on my phone so hard to make the part bold but the part that says the "hitch must be mounted center of rear axle or behind" so to me those bars that go forward that support the hitch are illegal.

I will just repost this. The rear of the truck have no problem with I've seen it done and and all its doing is to hold the box mainly. But to the hitch here is the rules

8.​​Hook point must be no closer than 44” of center line of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted center line of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25° angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters, if fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the center line ofm rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle.

I'm on my phone so hard to make the part bold but the part that says the "hitch must be mounted center of rear axle or behind" so to me those bars that go forward that support the hitch are illegal.

Dude read the rules ! The hitch is centerline of the rear or behind .... obviously you need to take a little more time and read better where in that does it say anything about how the hitch has to be mounted other than "frame mounted" the pivot point of the "hitch" like the rules say is behind the center line ... but that's right you read the rules

Well when it says hitch means everything of the hitch. Including the supports should be behind the center of the axle you know cause it's part of the "hitch" supports or not its the hitch. Seen this happen to others have a hitch like that and have been told to remove it. But you pull there and I pull here. Can tell you if was here you would be told to cut those supports out.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Well when it says hitch means everything of the hitch. Including the supports should be behind the center of the axle you know cause it's part of the "hitch" supports or not its the hitch. Seen this happen to others have a hitch like that and have been told to remove it. But you pull there and I pull here. Can tell you if was here you would be told to cut those supports out.

So does that mean if my hitch bolts to the OEM frame then the frame forward rear axel center is illegal?

"Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle."

So answer my question other than the pivot pin of the drawbar ... which when I measured mine was 1 1/2" behind the rear ..... where does it say anything about anything being in front of the rear axle ?

Fly on the wall

So from this im gathering that trucks are teched off pics floating around on facebook etc .ect. hmmmmmmm must be something new for 2017 . That and all these tech officials WOW !!!!!!!! Myself I'd rather hear constructive criticism from the man in charge rather than a bunch of keyboard jockeys, with that being said all this talk about back halfs and such ???? its a full undisturbed chassis i know cause I did it, as for the rest to each their own and go cry about something else and worry about your own stuff !!!! Thanks !!!

Everyone has their own views on the rules but I know that what is in black & white is not what gets enforced! It's a very odd motorsport in that what gets in or out. I feel your pain Dirty Deeds but it was not your truck that Burton was trying to say needed to be changed, it was ours. That section of the rules that talks about the chassis did not change from last year! Our truck ran the OSTPA 3.0 class last year and not one time a tech or anyone from our class said our chassis was not within the rules. Our frame tail (30'') was in such poor shape from other hitches that is was easier to fab new. I would like to know if we need to change this back to the frame channels. If so I can cut 13.5 lbs from what I fab last year. Just because it looks lighter it's not!

Cylinder heads ^^

Yep everyone will be pleased that there will be a Wagler deck plated engine in the truck next year! Or they maybe upset! We had his cast heads since August and they will on last year engine for a spare. This should end this issue!

Wagler smagler. Does the deckplate make more horsepower? Or just the heads ? Wagler turbo?

You are correct a wagler duramax deckplated engine will not make any more power than we made last year but it will look good and make the others happy there will be wagler heads on our engine!! No Wagler turbo just a bad mean 3.0 smooth bore not spelled BIG !!

As long as we don't have to hear your mom complain that they are picking on her spoiled brat.:hehe:

Back