2017 PPL Limited Pro Stock Diesel rules

Wouldn't it make the pulling experience better of you didn't have to put the effort into defending your name John Humphrey? Shouldn't everyone on this forums goals be directed at helping and providing useful information for you to use if needed John Humphrey?

Seems all too familiar hearing or reading how someone is forming speculative opinions about you and your truck. Which everyone knows we all want our name and competitive effort to be good.

So next time you decide to spread bull**** out of that dick suck you call a mouth about someone or another competitor realize all dirty secrets eventually come out. "**** FLOATS JOHN HUMPE"!!

And I wonder if you're willing to state your real name with all the slinging you're doing, "Trump".

Or maybe it's all an inside joke amungst friends. I can't tell. LOL

Wouldn't it make the pulling experience better of you didn't have to put the effort into defending your name John Humphrey? Shouldn't everyone on this forums goals be directed at helping and providing useful information for you to use if needed John Humphrey?

Seems all too familiar hearing or reading how someone is forming speculative opinions about you and your truck. Which everyone knows we all want our name and competitive effort to be good.

So next time you decide to spread bull**** out of that dick suck you call a mouth about someone or another competitor realize all dirty secrets eventually come out. "**** FLOATS JOHN HUMPE"!!

Good first post douche

Wow wish there was less bickering and more useful info in this thread

I thought there was some decent discussion early on. There is obviously a couple ways people look at some rules.

Some people read the rules to see what it says they can or cannot do, and others read the rules to find the grey areas. There always remains a lot of grey areas when OEM parts are included. No different in tractors when keeping OEM transmission/rear end housings.

Geez, this was started so everyone that pulls in the 3.0 class could see the rules. That's it. It's not a ***** session. Some people need to go to the garage and work on their trucks instead of working on their keyboards.

b.​Head must be OEM or OEM one piece cast replica for that brand engine. No billet heads of any material. Outside dimensions of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. Head must retain OEM valve angle.

For discussion.
As the head rule is written, is the Cummins Hamilton War Head legal? It is factory width and length but it is not and OEM replica.

b.​Head must be OEM or OEM one piece cast replica for that brand engine. No billet heads of any material. Outside dimensions of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. Head must retain OEM valve angle.

For discussion.
As the head rule is written, is the Cummins Hamilton War Head legal? It is factory width and length but it is not and OEM replica.

For discussion:
I'll get shot for this, but per the rules. Wouldn't every Cummins head with the shelf removed be "illegal ". As it no longer meets the length and width rule? I know that ruling would never happen.

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it was in the Indy Head thread, isn't it basically accepted that as long as it's cast it will pass? Just not billet, whatever difference that makes. My opinion, they'll pass. It's who's using them, not what it is

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it was in the Indy Head thread, isn't it basically accepted that as long as it's cast it will pass? Just not billet, whatever difference that makes. My opinion, they'll pass. It's who's using them, not what it is

Correct it was not in this thread but you can thank hamilton for building an aftermarket head and complaing when he realized he couldn't sell it to pullers which he thought would be his major market. So the rules were changed for him and now we have this problem of another rule in the rulebook that cannot be teched.

As long as we don't have to hear your mom complain that they are picking on her spoiled brat.:hehe:

wrong john humpe.... remember there is to of us... I'm the 25 yrs old smartass, over privelaged, punk , really don't care how you see it KTAPETERBILT...I stayed 100% out of this until you brought my family into it... which is totally childish and totally uncalled for I have no idea who you are and really could give two ****s :poke:

It's sad but I honestly think the same... no one set out to make an illegal head just to make a reliable head after the aluminum failures on the dmax... and the comment about the stock height width and valve angle shall stay the same.. are they saying machining the intake section off to bolt a shelf on.. isn't that now a 2 piece or what's the proper wording I suppose to describe that ? Not throwing stones 100% curious

I'll let someone who knows a lot more about how PPL comes up with rules give a more concrete answer. But to me, the wording about height, width, and valve angle showed up at the same time an aftermarket Duramax head did, so I'm going to say it was aimed more toward curbing the use of them. The shelf has been cut off the Cummins for years, well before PPL truck pulling, and it was never worded correctly to prevent it or even close, if that's what they were going for

I have the rules from a ppl official and some of these rules aren't even close to being the same as what I have.

Back