2400 miles in 32 hours

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Good lord.... How many logbooks were you running?

2400 miles in 32 hours? That's an average speed of 75 mph.
Given that there's bound to be slow downs and construction, I'm calling BS.

Mark.

Last month I did 1900 in 30 hours towing a 32' enclosed, I don't know how you could pull off 2400 in 32 hours. Someone had to be hauling ass.

In an airplane maybe. I am with Mark. If the guy slowed down for construction or even stopped for fuel it would be dam near impossible. All of that is assuming he pulls a Ray and uses a piss jug instead of stopping as well.

2400 miles in 32 hours? That's an average speed of 75 mph.
Given that there's bound to be slow downs and construction, I'm calling BS.

Mark.

Gotta do 87mph so that the 35 mph construction zones average out. ;)

I made it 1130 miles in 15.5 hours. My buddy claims the same distance in 14. Don't really see how he managed that one though.

I did 1800 in 26 hours. Johnstown, NY to LaPorte, TX
I was seeing stuff by the time I got home...no need to try again.

Unless there were 2 drivers and all the Stars aligned, I call BS.

I've driven to Vegas the last two years. My wife doesn't drive, so it's just me behind the wheel. Even though I love to drive, I'm getting a little tired of it. Decided to just fly this year instead.

Not that I'm proud of it but have done 1100 miles in just under 14hrs. Minneapolis Mn, to Dubois Wy. Made it from the MN/SD border to Rapid City in 3hrs. Who knew a Buick Century would get mid-20's MPG doing over 100.

Now I'm to old and it just not worth it anymore.

Not that I'm proud of it but have done 1100 miles in just under 14hrs. Minneapolis Mn, to Dubois Wy. Made it from the MN/SD border to Rapid City in 3hrs. Who knew a Buick Century would get mid-20's MPG doing over 100.

Now I'm to old and it just not worth it anymore.
I90 is awesome until you get caught in a tornado....

I did 4400 miles (PA to Great Falls, MT and back) in 84 hours which included an overnight stay in Keystone, SD to see Mt. Rushmore, while pulling a 30' gooseneck. Left LATE Thursday night, back early Monday. NEVER AGAIN

I did 1800 in 26 hours. Johnstown, NY to LaPorte, TX
I was seeing stuff by the time I got home...no need to try again.

Back years and years ago, long before the internet, I was routinely up for 3 days straight.
One night I was driving along in a construction zone that had open areas, where the pavement had been removed for replacement.
After having been in a heavy rain storm that had passed a half hour before, I hallucinated that I was driving into one of these holes, complete with non-existent rain water flowing into the hole!
I jerked the wheel and caught a barrier with the trailer I had on, which brought me back to reality.

I caught a rest area a few miles up the road, and promptly passed out for ( I figured out later) over 24 hours.
I have hardly ever driven, or been on the road, much more than a day without at least a few hours sleep ever since.

Thing is, I can remember the hallucination of driving into a water filled lane tear out as vividly now, as when it originally happened.
Back then, I also had "road hypnosis" or "missing time" events while driving, which is eerie schit.

Even with having driven all that time before, I was never able to do more than 1400 miles in 24 hours (Average of 59mph), construction or traffic always hung me up.

Mark.

Back years and years ago, long before the internet, I was routinely up for 3 days straight.
One night I was driving along in a construction zone that had open areas, where the pavement had been removed for replacement.
After having been in a heavy rain storm that had passed a half hour before, I hallucinated that I was driving into one of these holes, complete with non-existent rain water flowing into the hole!
I jerked the wheel and caught a barrier with the trailer I had on, which brought me back to reality.

I caught a rest area a few miles up the road, and promptly passed out for ( I figured out later) over 24 hours.
I have hardly ever driven, or been on the road, much more than a day without at least a few hours sleep ever since.

Thing is, I can remember the hallucination of driving into a water filled lane tear out as vividly now, as when it originally happened.
Back then, I also had "road hypnosis" or "missing time" events while driving, which is eerie schit.

Even with having driven all that time before, I was never able to do more than 1400 miles in 24 hours (Average of 59mph), construction or traffic always hung me up.

Mark.
So, the aliens did what to you? :D

So, the aliens did what to you? :D

In early 2004 they found me on I-15 in extreme Southern Nevada, captured me, put electrodes on my balls and nipples, then commanded me to sell off all of my '64-'65 426 Race Hemi parts. :bs:
With the proceeds, I was to buy a 1991 Dodge with an Intercooled Cummins in it, along with a 2-car trailer.
Beyond that, their wishes are still unclear to this day.
After hours of electrical torture, and under extreme duress, I finally agreed.

I will say that those little bastards are meaner than RacinDuallie. LOL

Mark.

f0e7df34f79819c7e5a9249dafca6d19.jpg

Back