2400 miles in 32 hours

Chris drove my truck and trailer to salt lake city from here in 32 hrs...No joke right around 2400 miles....i was scared for my life...LOL

Back years and years ago, long before the internet, I was routinely up for 3 days straight.

One night I was driving along in a construction zone that had open areas, where the pavement had been removed for replacement.

After having been in a heavy rain storm that had passed a half hour before, I hallucinated that I was driving into one of these holes, complete with non-existent rain water flowing into the hole!

I jerked the wheel and caught a barrier with the trailer I had on, which brought me back to reality.

I caught a rest area a few miles up the road, and promptly passed out for ( I figured out later) over 24 hours.

I have hardly ever driven, or been on the road, much more than a day without at least a few hours sleep ever since.

Thing is, I can remember the hallucination of driving into a water filled lane tear out as vividly now, as when it originally happened.

Back then, I also had "road hypnosis" or "missing time" events while driving, which is eerie schit.

Even with having driven all that time before, I was never able to do more than 1400 miles in 24 hours (Average of 59mph), construction or traffic always hung me up.

Mark.

I have had the "missing" time while driving and it's a sketchy feeling. I do not like arriving with that feeling! Happened a lot when I was driving 60 miles home every night

I will say the hallucinating and missed time feeling is very sketchy stuff. One time after driving all day long and being very tired, I was going down the road and swear I saw a guy shoveling his driveway. It's was August and about 3am Hahah.

ab002d4aae73f2d199622b14d2170ed5.jpg

This was my end result of the Montana trip. Like I said. Never again lol

Sent from my flashscan v2

I can do about 3200-3500 in 5 days... "Legally"

On a good week I average 900-1100 miles in 24hrs but generally losing our unloading messes with that.

Back