271 Transfer Case Conversion Complete

TJSHOTROD said:
They are in 3rd gen dodges but the ones needed for are swap is out of a ford because the have a stick and the 3rd gens are on a knob. They take the ford one and change the front yoke to match the dodge.

TJ

My tcase is from a Dodge.. I'm pretty sure they did make a few 3rd gens with the floor shifter.

Bobcat698 said:
My tcase is from a Dodge.. I'm pretty sure they did make a few 3rd gens with the floor shifter.

the ST/base models, and the SLT's have stick shifters...most of your high end laramie packages and all the mega cabs use the electric knob junk

Bobcat698 said:
2003 & Up Dodges have the NV271. I ended up taking a screwdriver to make an indentation in the floor pan to help clearances.
The driveline was torquing enough to make the Tcase contact it when I built boost at the line.

thx for the info

getblown5.9 said:
the ST/base models, and the SLT's have stick shifters...most of your high end laramie packages and all the mega cabs use the electric knob junk

Why is it junk? :confused:

too many electrical components to break. you cant be sure its awlays going to work...when you pull on a shifter and feel it pop into place then you know its engaged.

local pull this year had a guy in a fully loaded 06 dodge, and the knob style 4x4 switch...couldnt get it in 4x4 and sat there on 3 attempts to pull the sled and all he did was spin the back tires.

Back