3rd Annual Desert Diesel Nationals

For those heading east on 58, do you take that up to I-40 all the way to Flagstaff, or do you head down to I-10 before that? What is the best way to go?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

For those heading east on 58, do you take that up to I-40 all the way to Flagstaff, or do you head down to I-10 before that? What is the best way to go?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Trust me, you wouldn't want to take I-40 all the way to Flagstaff... Save yourself a couple of Hundred miles and take I-40 to Hwy 93 south (east of Kingman) which turns into Hwy 60 in Wickenburg. It is a much shorter route.

Last edited:

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Yes Michael what JTaylor said will take you right to the track. You hit 93 in Vegas cross the Hoover Dam to Kingman, Wickenburg and 60 to Whittmann.

Is traffic crappy at I-10 near San Bernadino? I was thinking of taking Hwy 58 to 395 down to I-15 to I-215, then onto I-10. I think that is the way I used to take to get to Phoenix, but that was 20+ years ago! It looks like it would be a little more direct than going up to Kingman, but direct doesn't do much good when it's moving at 10 mph!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Is traffic crappy at I-10 near San Bernadino? I was thinking of taking Hwy 58 to 395 down to I-15 to I-215, then onto I-10. I think that is the way I used to take to get to Phoenix, but that was 20+ years ago! It looks like it would be a little more direct than going up to Kingman, but direct doesn't do much good when it's moving at 10 mph!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

395 around Victorville can be a royal pain due to heavy traffic and long lights. If you get off of it at Adelanto and go by the old George Airforce base it will quickly get you on to I-15. You turn left across from the Adelanto city hall. It's either the first or second light. Going all the way down 395 to where it connects with I-15 there are a ton of long lights. The quickest way is to shoot across from Victorville and Apple Valley on 18 to Lucerne Valley then 247 to Yucca Valley and 62 to the freeway at Palm Springs, no traffic at all you and you can fly on that road. Where you turn at Adelanto will put you right on that road if you decide to go that way.

My brother lives in Apple Valley so I've been on every road in that country many times. The way I go to Phoenix is I take 395 all the way down from here is I catch 395 north of Lakeview and across to Yucca Valley as I described the instead of going to Palm Springs I turn left on 62 and go through 29 Palms and then south on 177 to Desert Center. But I drive very fast. A jack rabbit would have to carry his own bush to hide behind in that country.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

...does a bear sh!t in the woods? ;)

It all depends on what time you hit it, Mike - don't be there for the morning (7-9) or evening (4-6) rush hours. Other than that, it moves clean - usually an easy 65-75+, aside from the major interchanges.

They've completed the 210 all the way across past the 15 now - helps quite a bit. We run 210 east all the way from the shop to the 10.

We are hitting the Road and 26 hours from now we should be at Speedworld.

See everyone at the track:nos:

Goodluck to everyone!!!! were not gonna be able to make this event now. where moving into are new shop this month lots to move and lots of work and we also pick up a new project very exciting and that should be on the track late this year.

Is anyone else bringing kids to the race? I know that's the first question my daughter will ask me when I pick her up from school. She's much happier at a race when there are other kids to play with. She's 7 going on 15 ;)

I'm scrambling - moving stuff around in my garage so I can pull the truck in and check/adjust the alignment before we leave (it's the only level spot to work). I wanted to put more gauges in before we left, but I'll probably do that Friday afternoon waiting for the test & tune. Still have to load the camper on the truck and the remaining stuff in the camper too (but I've got most stuff already staged at the door).

My 6 month old boy lol. We are an hour north of idaho falls now. Should be therer tomorrow. Woohoo

LOL, I can't wait to see him, but I think he'll be a little young for Caitlyn to play with ;) Don't forget the earplugs or muffs for him when the noisy gassers are running Friday night! When Caitlyn was that age I used to cut the compressible foam earplugs in half, so there was barely any sticking out for her to grab onto. It was the only way to make sure they stayed in.

what is everyone doing after the event? drinking somewhere or is everyone going to be worn out? i figure this will be a good time for me to get to meet guys from all over north america that i might not get to meet later this year.

Garrett

To everyone that has left or is leaving, be safe out there and I will see you at the track. Looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing old friends. Kinda wondering what everyone s doing after the race as well?:Cheer:

I'm hoping Friday night at the track turns into a good gathering. Unfortunately we will have to leave for Disneyland before it gets too late on Saturday night. With what those damn Disney tickets cost, I want to be waiting at the gate on Sunday morning!

Let me know where and when to bring the whiskey. Spent some time at the border again this trip explaining two cases of canadian whiskey was for consumption. Lol. Two hour south of salt lake now relaxing at a best western.

Shawn

I NEVER turn down good Canadian whiskey. They make the best. Looking forward to this. Helps my reaction times the next day. :rockwoot:

Got my Injectors in today finally!
Runs pretty good and gets with it now!
Cant wait to dyno and see what my new ET is...

Back