3rd Annual Desert Diesel Nationals

Have fun there... I have ran that track in the past. Cool place. Retro. Did run a TAFC there and was a little scary. DON"T RUN THE LEFT LANE!
Scott,
I was actually impressed with how smooth the track was, but then again in a crew cab dually at 86 mph I'm not going to feel many of the bumps ;) I was probably also expecting the worst after hearing of the fiasco at Firebird the 2 weeks before.

Are you back from setting up your dragster for the new owners?

I sure do hate that we missed it. I wanted to see the Banks rail run. How did it do. Any videos?

I think their best was around 7.74. They got out of shape mid-track on at least one of the passes. I think all of their passes were in the right lane, so they were probably heeding Scott's advice!

I saw a professional video guy shooting the Banks crew between rounds at one point (we were pitted across from them). Not sure if it was for Banks promo stuff or for local news? Or maybe they've got a new reality TV show? ;)

Overall it was a heck of a great race. I had a hard time driving through the pits after each pass, there were so many spectators milling around. The grandstands were packed, and there were probably twice as many people either on the fence or walking the pits as in the grandstands. Apparently at one point it was an hour's wait to get into the track.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I really liked the event! aside from the powerjoke staging 50ft early and destroying his torque converter and dumping tranny fluid all over it was fun!

I hit the dyno and did 391 at 860 something. i will post the graph and video later. if any of you were watching the dyno i was in the white reg cab 12 valve that had alot of paint missing! hehe

we had a great time, it was awesome catching up with old freinds and meeting new people. the vendor area was full all day, there had to be 3000 plus spectators there all day and the classes were full, we had over 20 trucks in superstreet, great event, thanks to the sponsors and NHRDA for putting on a great event. we'll be back next year for this one

The 2010 MBRP Diesel Drag Race Series got kicked off at Speedworld Dragstrip on March 6th 2010 with the 3rd Annual Desert Diesel Nationals , Sponsord by ITP and Strictly Diesel.

This event produced several records including
Spectator Attendance - Over 8,000
Diesel Alley - 23 vendors
Top Diesel National Record - Banks Power
Super Street National Record - Shawn Ellerton

The NHRDA wants to thank all the competitors and spectators and Sponsors that made this event such a huge success.

We also want to thank everyone at Speedworld Dragstrip for all the hard work and preperation they did to make the Desert Diesel Nationals the biggest event they have had in quite a while.

The NHRDA road show is heading for Texas to start promoting the 2nd Annual Texas Diesel Nationals at the Motor Plex on April 10th 2010 , and with over 35,000 free tickets being handed out this should be another record setting event and yet another step towards the 2010 NHRDA World Championship in Topeka Kansas on September 25th.

It was a great event for sure. Had a lot of fast trucks there racing and there was a good amount of people that hit the dyno. Had a great time and will be there next year. It was really nice sein some old faces and talking to new ones. A big thank you to the nhrda for putting on this event and to all the locals that came out.

Hey all -

Wanted to thank everyone again for a great event - NHRDA, the sponsors, Speedworld staff, all the competitors and especially the tons of spectators that came out!

I wish the car had performed better - between rev limiter issues issues and limited traction, the quickest we ran on Saturday was 7.670 @ 173.5 - other runs were 7.737 @ 177.0 and 8.449 @ 129.4. None of those were full passes, either, but there should be some good video, especially from the rear on-car camera on the last pass, as the car was hanging the tail pretty far out by half track.

Thankfully, no transmission issues all weekend - we'll get our new gremlins sorted out and be back out soon!

And as always, I enjoyed putting more faces to names - had a good time meeting more of you guys in person, and seeing some nicely built trucks run hard.

Here's a couple quick shots from the pictures I got in the few free minutes I had - wish I'd had more time to talk trucks with everyone, but we were swamped the whole day - thanks again to everyone that liked the car!

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

Rolled my own using some prototype parts we've been testing for our upcoming production kits.

Small differences - I'm using CO2 pressure to push it, and the nitrous controller to PWM the flow directly.

Awesome job guys! Hey I am wondering, did you reset the superstreet records this year with the new rules?

Kevin

They said the "old" Super-street records would remain forever as a historical mark, but were re-setting them with the new rules.

Awesome job guys! Hey I am wondering, did you reset the superstreet records this year with the new rules?

Kevin

Yes we did and your fellow country man Mr Ellerton has the record , we are still traveling home and will get results up over the next couple of days

I really liked the event! aside from the powerjoke staging 50ft early and destroying his torque converter and dumping tranny fluid all over it was fun!

I hit the dyno and did 391 at 860 something. i will post the graph and video later. if any of you were watching the dyno i was in the white reg cab 12 valve that had alot of paint missing! hehe

haha. i seen your truck. i remember pointing it out tellin the GF it looked like mine but with a lot of paint missing.

i had a great time at the event. i wished i could have met more guys. drove around and looked for people to drink with on sat night after the event but ended up at buffalo wild wings. i hope i can make it out to some more events later this year.

Garrett

haha. i seen your truck. i remember pointing it out tellin the GF it looked like mine but with a lot of paint missing.

i had a great time at the event. i wished i could have met more guys. drove around and looked for people to drink with on sat night after the event but ended up at buffalo wild wings. i hope i can make it out to some more events later this year.

Garrett

I looked around for yours but i didnt see it? and yeah, my truck needs a paintjob REEAAALLYY bad

Yes we did and your fellow country man Mr Ellerton has the record , we are still traveling home and will get results up over the next couple of days

Awesome. Good to hear! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Mission!!

Kevin

I looked around for yours but i didnt see it? and yeah, my truck needs a paintjob REEAAALLYY bad

we took the GF's mustang out there. i wish i would have taken the dodge but it was cheaper and easier to take her car. plus, all the rain would have sucked since i dont have windshield wipers.

Garrett

Garrett

sac may 15th I think and Redding july 10th. bring the truck out next time.

Redding Ca to Phoenix AZ was one hell of a drive...
And if i go from Redding to Ennis TX that will be a wild drive...

yeah, i bet. i was planning on driving to TS this year but a lack of work shut down that idea.

Garrett

Guys,, trust me,, everything from where I am is a hell of a drive....

Back