3rd Annual World Finals 2012

I put it in google maps.

I just put Alberta to Topeka and ab to Ennis.

I know nothing about Canada just saw Alberta on a lot of plates at finals.

7 hours further to Ennis

Yeah, most of the Albertans would have 7-8 more hours, unless they are on the Western edge and have an alternate path that takes them at more of a diagonal. For me it's about 295 more miles, 5.75 more hours to go to Ennis vs Topeka, but I would do it in a heartbeat to avoid the hassles of Topeka!

I hope we can find a more central location, I rather go to Brainerd than Ennis, it woud be way more reasonable for the canadian racers and it still 3-400 miles closer for the east coast guys then those of us on the west coast. But it's at least 300 miles closer then Ennis TX for most of us west coast guys.

I'd sure like to see a long tern place. What might be OK for some this year traveling an extra 7-8 hours may not be as acceptable year in and year out. Sure be nice to lock-up a place for at least a few years so it can be advertised and marketed as well as placed into the yearly travel budget.

You aren't going to please everyone...

Exactly.

I think Topeka could have been a great place to race if the track gave $.02 about our organization. Since we, as a sport, are still young, we are going to have to sacrifice a little in these early years to find our home. We need to find a track that is willing to step up to the plate and make it happen for us before we dedicate all our resources towards them. Topeka obviously didn't feel that way.

For those of you who run at Speedworld in March every year, I think they do a lot better job than Topeka has ever thought about. Ennis is about 100 miles closer for me from what Steve said, but I'd drive another 200-300 miles easy every year if it meant a track that gave $.02 about who we are and what we do. I know I'm only a Sportsman racer, but when this is something your are passionate about, and are spending your hard earned money on, you expect a little respect from the hosting track.

What about the dallas track. Its an hour north of ennis. Heard its a nice track. Doesn't matter where world finals are. My family is coming. Its the year end trip we look forward too. We save and plan for it every year. It would be great if its in different places each year. We enjoy seeing new places. Last time we were in Texas we loved it. People were awesome down there. Plus we love seeing all the guns hanging out lol

as long as the truck is running we will go whereever, but man texas is a long darn way

im no were near the east coast but i think the z-max would be pretty cool but hey kansas is a whole lot closer

Texas is a long haul for us. But hey whats another few thousand miles. We will be putting close to 18000 miles on next season for racing.
We will go to the world finals no matter where they are going to be just hope its a little closer than Texas. I have heard good things about Oklahoma tracks, Texas tracks and pretty much anywhere else for that matter. I agree with Rob it would be nice to find a track that will like us there and that we can call home for the World finals might be better for drawing the crowds in as well.

But like I said wherever it is we will be there.

Yeah Ennis is getting to be tooooo far Topeka is two 15hr days, Ennis adds another day so instead of 4 days travel it would be 6....that is not very central as far as I am concerned....and you are not going to please everyone but that location is not central for least 50% of the racers...Brainerd seems like it is more central for everyone....but I dunno if we will get the crowds we are looking for

We really enjoy seeing everyone, and the competition but seems a little out of the way...

Last edited:
Damn, Ennis doens't seem fair to the Canadian crowd. They are one of the biggest groups of attendee's. Doesn't seem like a good way to reward their great efforts. I don't want to speak for them, but seems azz backwards and hope we don't lose any of the competitors for the north as they are a great bunch.

Appreciate the thought Rob, and I agree with you...we always enjoy seeing all you guys and the competition but this does seem to be a little far for us up here....

Ok it is official the 3rd Annual NHRDA World Finals will be held

Date - October 13th 2012
Location- The Motorplex - Ennis Texas

We talked to several tracks throughout the midwest , west and east on where we should move the World Finals to and honestly it came to down to who really wanted to be our partner and help make the World Finals the single biggest drag racing event in our sport and the Motorplex by far came in with the best offer and we already have a gerat event there in the spring so we know they love diesel to begin with.

Plus dont forget there are plenty of attractions in Dallas for your family to enjoy , last spring I stayed after a couple of days with my kids and we had a ball with Six Flags , Great Wolf Lodge, Mededvil Times Dinner, Ripleys were just some of the things to do while in town

So mark your calendars and put in for your vacation for the 3rd Annual NHRDA World Finals

Im sure it does not mean much to some others because it will just be viewed as me being happy its in my home state but I am happy to hear it for NHRDA. I think the track wanting us there and wanting to support us is going to make a big difference best part is its not in Topeka where the pit bikes even have problems hooking up.

Long ass haul, and weather could be an issue getting through the mountain states. Worth it if the venue is a good one however. Might even get to see a Cowboy's game. Have to check their schedule for the 14th.

Im sure it does not mean much to some others because it will just be viewed as me being happy its in my home state but I am happy to hear it for NHRDA. I think the track wanting us there and wanting to support us is going to make a big difference best part is its not in Topeka where the pit bikes even have problems hooking up.
What he said! You guys did have a hell of a turn out at Ennis.... Awesome news.

Wow 2000 miles one way... long haul for sure. October... we should still be good for mountain passes. I am up for whereever as long as they are going to like us there and have the track preped, just was hoping it would be a little closer to central.

We will be there though for sure.

Back