3rd gen 5 speed sled pulling gear sel?

CTD03

One Hot 03
i am wondering with a 3rd gen 5 speed witch gear to pull in on the track

i have 3.73 axles the rest is stock drive train

i was thinking 3rd low or 2nd high dont think i can get 4th gear not really sure

hope there are 3rd gen 5 speed truck pullers

i was thinking 3rd gosh i better go out and hook to the sled and get some practice

I've seen both gears pulled in the 5spds. Though 2nd high take quite a bit of power, and 3rd low is just a hair too slow. you will probably be topped out at 3500rpm by 125ft out. You can try 2nd high, but i don't know how well it will work out unless you have a set of 4.56 gears. Good luck though.

Are you still around 415hp? If so I would try 2nd high to start with.
I couldn't pull 4th low till I got over 600hp.

One of the WFO guys run a 5 sp. I think he's has 3:73. I know he pulled 2nd high at Tampico the first hook and 3rd low the 2nd hook.

Thats going to b kinda low if u pull 3rd , I have 3.54s and pull 3rd and it sucks even added some 35 in tires to help but its not that much ... 4.10s and a 6speed is about the best for daily driven and pulling u can have 3 gears to choose from

sorry guys i forgot got about this post

i have 3.73 gears and run 285 on 17"wheels

so i think i will be tring 3rd low for the first hook on the DD

no i am not around 415 any more those are old numbers

W.F.O. has a third gen that used to break the NV5600s all the time. He then went to a NV4500 Pulled 2nd high then pulled 3rd low. 3rd low was just to low for him. So he started pulling 2nd high and broke that tranny. Now he is pulling 4th low.

Is he running 3:73 or 4:10's? I watched him pull at Tampico. Good runnin truck.

W.F.O. has a third gen that used to break the NV5600s all the time. He then went to a NV4500 Pulled 2nd high then pulled 3rd low. 3rd low was just to low for him. So he started pulling 2nd high and broke that tranny. Now he is pulling 4th low.

he runs 3.73 hes only tried 4th one time and the double disk wouldnt hold it. he is going to try with a new clutch.

Thats still around 10 .1 final thats pretty hi , wheel speed at 4200 is around 40 MPH with 33s

So
from what i am reading 4th with 3.73 wont happen and 2nd hi is a maybe

so i am stuck wit 3rd low

thanks redline ram

thats what i am going to be doing thanks a bunch for the help will be posting how i did after saterday night

Back