06Bigblue

I got a good deal on 4.56 for my 06 Cummins with a 48re and 285/70/17. I was wondering if anyone has tried running 4.56 in a similar setup and how drivable is it going to be or should I just sell them. I know fuel mileage is going to drop im just wondering if its possible to be able to do at 65 mph down the freeway without killing my truck. any input is appreciated.

Your first post....about daily driving.....posted in the sled pulling section....:doh:

Well, this is a pretty easy decision. You got them for a good deal, so of course they're exactly what you need and will produce awesome results.

I have 285/70/17 and dd and sled pull it thats why I posted it here. Sorry I should of.mentioned it earlier

I don't think 285/70/17 and 4.56 will be a good gear for sled pulling.

This is your dd, or a toy to pull with that you still want to drive here and there?

I ran 4.56 in my puller. 1:1 in the trans. 2.71 in t case. Tried both 285's and 315's. Both worked well

4.56 will suit for both fairly well unless you want to do any highway driving.

pretty sure if you would actually read the OP and zstroken both mentioned the word driver, meaning a daily driver. meaning thats what he wants to do. think about what you just said and report back to me.:pop:

i run 4.56 with 35's. 55 mph on highway is about 1950 rpm. pretty close to stock for with truck that came with 4.10's. pulling i was running 5th with allison in low.

Crack is so yesterday! He sets it up right, 4:10s would work just fine on a cr. Not my pulling choice, but my meth head compromise. ;) lol

I run 4.10s in my Dmax with 305/50/20s ( actually i ran 33x12.50R20 STS's last year) . It wasn't a drastic change from 3.73s, but with the wide rubber and a locked front end the 4.10s definitely got me a little further on the sticky clay tracks. With a CR cummins i think ide be afraid the lack of RPMs would limit wheel speed with 4.10s though.

If i was the OP i wouldn't waste my time regearing the truck without doing an E-locker up front.

I have an e locker waiting to be put in either with the 4.56 or not as well as a Yukon locker for the rear

Back