I have an e locker waiting to be put in either with the 4.56 or not as well as a Yukon locker for the rear

What kind of Yukon locker? Honestly man, i dont see 4.56s working out for you. What all is done to this truck? I think the only way 4.56s will work is if you can get to 3rd gear, and i think you need to have a fair amount of power to get that done.

I have a billet 63/68/14 from ed,90s, bag of parts, fass, efi tunning, 110 valve springs, and hd push rods. last yr with 3.73 I could pull third gear all day long and pull 3200 rpms. I tried second but itd rev over 4000 and just spin out way easier. third gear I could pull further. I tried using the two gears at the same track and same night. I think with 4.56 I could safely turn 4000 in third and have more wheel speed and pull further. is this perspective right? thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I have a billet 63/68/14 from ed,90s, bag of parts, fass, efi tunning, 110 valve springs, and hd push rods. last yr with 3.73 I could pull third gear all day long and pull 3200 rpms. I tried second but itd rev over 4000 and just spin out way easier. third gear I could pull further. I tried using the two gears at the same track and same night. I think with 4.56 I could safely turn 4000 in third and have more wheel speed and pull further. is this perspective right? thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Have you downloaded the wheel speed calculator like mentioned? Your reasoning is on the right path, but you should probably consult the calculator.

What kind of Yukon locker do you have to go in? Hope its not a grizzly.

this is a non issue. We can turn them 4500 plus w/full fuel.

I understand, but until now, we had no idea what he was working with parts wise either.

I was using low in the transfer case. I cant get my dam computer to download the calculator. my locker is a grizzly.

Hopefully this setup works. I just switched to 4.56's in my puller right before I deployed. I want to say it ran about 2000-2100 cruising between 60-65 an running 285/70/17 bfg's. In the week I did get to drive it though you could almost watch the fuel gauge drop but this was also a qclb dually so I wasn't looking to achieve good mpg to begin with. The overhead was reading 15-16 so my guess would be that it was really getting 12 or 13. My buddy will be getting a few hooks on her here in the next few weeks so when I hear back from him I'll post up how it did as far as rpm and such.

Last edited:
In my opinion if you've got the motor to turn rpm then lower gears will be better.

Back