4000+RPMs for 02 VP

YEP!!! I heard that the new Quad box will do it but I dont know anyone that has one. I know that my box has seen 4500 according to the box. My tach in the dash did past 4000 pretty far.

I have a Granatelli box and made 4,000+rpms.
I think it has more in it so we'll see after I put 4k springs on it.
John Isaacs, at Floor It Diesel dynoed my truck and will testify to the 16 runs over 4k rpms, but I don't have a scanner to post the graphs.
John also was a bit stumped and is looking for another truck with a Granatelli box to see if it was just a fluke.
I think it is in the wires that tap the TPS that give the added rpms.
Also the Granatelli retails for about $500, way less than a redline.

Jcummins said:
I have a Granatelli box and made 4,000+rpms.
I think it has more in it so we'll see after I put 4k springs on it.
John Isaacs, at Floor It Diesel dynoed my truck and will testify to the 16 runs over 4k rpms, but I don't have a scanner to post the graphs.
John also was a bit stumped and is looking for another truck with a Granatelli box to see if it was just a fluke.
I think it is in the wires that tap the TPS that give the added rpms.
Also the Granatelli retails for about $500, way less than a redline.

Did you have your Smarty in a stack with the Granatelli when you made 4K? I have heard of guys making 4K+ with a TST and Smarty (just a rumor).

Wondering if anyone is having any problems with the Redline. I have heard some horror stories.

I did not have the Smarty on in the first few runs after we got some base runs done and just the Granatelli box alone ran out to 4k. It did get progressively better as we turned up the box. The Smarty stacked gave the highest rpm of around 4250 or so. I don't even think Granatelli claims any kind of rpm gain from this box, but it sure gave my truck a kick in the pants.
That is why I have been looking for another simular truck, with the same box, to see if this was just some freak deal or if maybe there is something to be had with this box.
The only reason I bought the thing is to try something other than the old Edge Drag Comp for some real hp gains. Needless to say I'm pretty satisfied and as I stated before, it has a much smaller price tag.
The only 4k Smarty-TST stacks I've seen is on cr trucks with the new 4.10 version.

What kind of numbers did you make on the dyno? Just curious if the Granitelli gave you a true 140? I'm hunting for 4000+, wonder if it would work on an HO also. $500 is a lot cheaper than $1500.

Jcummins said:
I did not have the Smarty on in the first few runs after we got some base runs done and just the Granatelli box alone ran out to 4k. It did get progressively better as we turned up the box. The Smarty stacked gave the highest rpm of around 4250 or so. I don't even think Granatelli claims any kind of rpm gain from this box, but it sure gave my truck a kick in the pants.
That is why I have been looking for another simular truck, with the same box, to see if this was just some freak deal or if maybe there is something to be had with this box.
The only reason I bought the thing is to try something other than the old Edge Drag Comp for some real hp gains. Needless to say I'm pretty satisfied and as I stated before, it has a much smaller price tag.
The only 4k Smarty-TST stacks I've seen is on cr trucks with the new 4.10 version.

Were you running timing with the Smarty or just fuel?

Ha Ha. Bear3 knows all. I think they repack quad boxes, at least the directions are the same. I never thought I would be in favor of an out of the ordinary, repacker company like Granatelli either.
With the mods in my sig. minus the 60hp sticks I made 319hp and 838tq, and that was with very little smoke.(Don't start with the Banks crap)
My base run was 186hp so 133hp gain, not to bad.
The Smarty made no additional max hp, but the power came on faster.
No timing. SW8

Diesel junkie:
I would like to see what your truck makes hp wise.
I have been looking at putting mach 4's and a 64/71/13 on my truck and that is very close to what you are running. PM me with any pros or cons of your setup.

redline

The only problem I had is a blew a fuse on the box.. Dont know what happened, just replaced it and it hasnt happened again??? If you want to sled pull , this is the box to run!!!

dieseljunkie said:
Wondering if anyone is having any problems with the Redline. I have heard some horror stories.

Jcummins said:
Diesel junkie:
I would like to see what your truck makes hp wise.
I have been looking at putting mach 4's and a 64/71/13 on my truck and that is very close to what you are running. PM me with any pros or cons of your setup.

Mustang Dyno results 480hp @ 1106ft lbs. My 64/71-14 comes on a little slow. No waste gate, blew 3 head gaskets at 52lbs. HTT makes a 64/13 that I have heard nothing but good things about, without o-rings waste gate at 45 psi. Your Con FE will not hold that power. Double disc is required.

Jcummins said:
Ha Ha. Bear3 knows all. I think they repack quad boxes, at least the directions are the same. I never thought I would be in favor of an out of the ordinary, repacker company like Granatelli either.
With the mods in my sig. minus the 60hp sticks I made 319hp and 838tq, and that was with very little smoke.(Don't start with the Banks crap)
My base run was 186hp so 133hp gain, not to bad.
The Smarty made no additional max hp, but the power came on faster.
No timing. SW8
The Same for the s-03 smarty here... I'm waiting to see what they do here shortly.

Not to hijack, but the way it gets there is pretty important in my book. That's the stuff that makes the 1/4 or hook happen more so than the Dyno Number.... If you know what I mean

Last edited:
parttimepuller said:
The only problem I had is a blew a fuse on the box.. Dont know what happened, just replaced it and it hasnt happened again??? If you want to sled pull , this is the box to run!!!

Are you running a stock VP? Redline claims 160hp, what are your results? In the market for Mach 7's & yeah truck pullin is the idea. Probably need water with my little 64.

the ONLY proven box out there that will give you 4000rpms is the REDLINE period. as far as horror stories go, only problem i have had is a blown fuse as well and this box kicks arse. smarty will have a rpm tune just not as of yet. as far as the grantelli goes, i think thats a fluke by far. i to have heard rumors about the quad box but no proof. hope this helps.

dieseljunkie said:
Are you running a stock VP? Redline claims 160hp, what are your results? In the market for Mach 7's & yeah truck pullin is the idea. Probably need water with my little 64.
yOU GOING TO BE AT THE SPRING DYNO EVENT. I have a little silver friend That is going in as well as dons stix,studs,springs. So maybe i'll see about those high r"s for pullin. good to see you here casey!! How's your head gasket doin:hehe: :hehe: LOL

dieseljunkie said:
Mustang Dyno results 480hp @ 1106ft lbs. My 64/71-14 comes on a little slow. No waste gate, blew 3 head gaskets at 52lbs. HTT makes a 64/13 that I have heard nothing but good things about, without o-rings waste gate at 45 psi. Your Con FE will not hold that power. Double disc is required.

Was just planning on retorqued head bolts and 50-55psi.:doh:

Not a puller, just want to keep Goodyear's sales up.:hehe:

DD clutch is out of $$ range, and have a new Con FE on the way. HTT is what I was thinking, too.

Back