4000+RPMs for 02 VP

i can hit 4k rpms also, but at that point its making about as much power as a vespa scooter

my truck also stops pulling hard after 3600 with the smarty/tst...when i pull with my truck i am holding 3800rpms down the track usually unless its a hard biting track. its surely time for valve springs!!!!!

getblown5.9 said:
i can hit 4k rpms also, but at that point its making about as much power as a vespa scooter

my truck also stops pulling hard after 3600 with the smarty/tst...when i pull with my truck i am holding 3800rpms down the track usually unless its a hard biting track. its surely time for valve springs!!!!!
thats the answer I've been lookin for. 4k rpm doesn't do me any good if I can't make it pulling a sled. I realize power is loss after 3500 or so, but wheel speed is also a factor. 4000+ fully fueled at full load, exactly!

I can hold 3500rpms down the track with less HP than you GetBlown.....But I think I'm running a lower gear and less aggressive tires....LOL

The point was I would like to hold 2800 because thats where my peak power is.

I have to pedal it to keep it below 3800 on just about every track I have been on this year. I'm still learning alot tho, I'll get it figured out next year...if not I'll just have to have full fuel to 4k so I make power up there too :)

This may be a stupid question, but is there any box out there that can fuel a VP44 to 4,000 rpm's? I can't speak for dieseljunkie, but I think that is the whole point of this thread.
And I'm talking full or close to full fuel to 4k. I didn't think there was anything even close to doing that on a VP, but I'm learning here, too.

dieseljunkie said:
how long have u had ur Smarty? do u run w/ timing on in a stack? why the SO pump
I got my Smarty right after they came out. I do run it on a timming setting, but that is with a TST. I have the SO pump to make max power. The HO pump just can't flow the fuel that the SO or HRVP's can.

Back