44 Foot Trailer, option recommendations

Remember if it is 5k per ramp,that is 10K and you will only have one axle on them at a time. Gives you pretty much 20k

Have you already purchased one? (Didn't read the entire thread)
On a 44' GVWR of 24,999 my price is $7555.

Texas Red said:
Have you already purchased one? (Didn't read the entire thread)
On a 44' GVWR of 24,999 my price is $7555.

Sounds a bit cheap Texas Red.. is that a single-use only trailer?

Burner said:
Dang, that's cheap. How much does it weigh?

A little more than the one you got from me;) (If you are who I think you are)

Bobcat, I responded to your PM, I'll be a bit cheaper than they quoted you.

There are a lot of "Elite" brands running around here. I don't know where they are built but look nice.

Send us pic of the one you buy when you get it!! :D

must agree house then you can haul anything you want its secure you can sleep in it. im a lot more comfortable hauling weight like that in a big rig then a pick up the semi is going to get decent mileage cause it will be loaded light just my opinion dont know how much you want to spend

I thought any "RV" ya got had to have a 'head' to be classified as an RV?

probably right just put a crapper in the trailer but ive saw old buses plated as RVs with no head so im not sure

garret i agree semi si best,

i bought a brand new 25+5 pro trak last year was a nice trailer but i sold it, In the mean time i borrowed a sure trac with the hydraulic dovetail, thought the trailer was shoddy itself but love the dovetail. My next trailer will have a hydraulic dovetail!!!! for sure You can get a trailer just short enought to get the back wheels up on the deck the lift it up. Helps getting in and out of those tight pulls, PJ and Brute both make what appears to be nice hydraulic trailers

If you are ordering one be sure toget dual 2 spd jacks, an integrated winch plate, and steps on both side, and if you can figure out about where your doors will be on the trucks when loaded get some steps thier it is always a pain in the rear climbing on the trailer or shimmyin down the side of a truck

Travis

Garret i really think youd be better of going with the semi if you plan on pulling 2 trucks. A 44ft. gooseneck weighing in at least #23,000 loaded with 2 trucks and weights, is a heck of a load for any pickup, especially a 3/4 ton single wheel. Sure its got plenty of power to pull it, but more important is the handling and braking. You might be surprised what kind of a deal you can get on a good tractor/trailer combo. Or you could go ahead and get the trailer, and put in an order for a Dodge 4500 or 5500. That would look sweeeet:evil
Just my $.02

I was looking into this for the rounds last year, although I think your going to find that a 40 some foot trailer is going to be tight... Though I never did get anything as only one truck was running all year I think cause of the weight alone I settled on getting a tandem dual wedge. It just makes more sence towing with a 3/4-1 ton truck. I personally wouldn't do it with out duals on the truck as well, but thats just me. I'm still more likely than not going to get the wedge, the deck overs are just to damn heavy for towing 3/4 ton trucks with 3/4 ton trucks...

Texas Red said:
A little more than the one you got from me;) (If you are who I think you are)

Bobcat, I responded to your PM, I'll be a bit cheaper than they quoted you.

It's not a 40ft'er, 7 feet shy.... Over 15k doesn't seem to sway it much.

Attachments

• Copy of 420 D CAT.JPG
    Copy of 420 D CAT.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Copy of Komatsu 140WB.JPG
    Copy of Komatsu 140WB.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
So, say you already have a semi and a 53' enclosed drop deck...how do you get RV plates on the tractor? I've tried and its a no go in MI with out going through all sorts of BS. Basically, you have to put a RV box on the back, no condo sleepers....

I might call one of the conversion places and ask them for a little help. I'm sure they could use yours every now and again.

As for the cdl couldn't you just get the heavy trailor endorsement.
(this endorsement allows you to tow trailors of any weight provided that neither the truck nor trailor has air brakes) quoted from the commercial DL book.
allows you to operate truck trailor of any gvw without air brakes. I don't know if this applies to you guys.

Back