450hp

Bowtie Cummins

Can i hit an honest 450hp with a VE 12v with out nos? All help iis welcome. I was already considering cam swap. HELP:umno:

Why 2 threads with about the same basic question?:bang.

Use the search feature!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKTY5cQEC7I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKTY5cQEC7I[/ame]

Now that i know it's possible, what are the right combo of mods to do?

Airdog II, 6x16 or 5x18 injectors, lots of timing, a 62mm or bigger turbo and water/meth injection should get you pretty darn close.

It has always seemed to me that the 1st Gen crowd is looking for that magic pump or injector to unlock the secret hp hidden in the VE platform. Yet very little is discussed on how to improve the engine as a whole.

The diesel World uses the "quantity over efficiency" theory far too often, so rather than trying to find out what flavor of the week parts to experiment with, why not make the engine more efficient by taking full advantage of the fuel you do have.

It has always seemed to me that the 1st Gen crowd is looking for that magic pump or injector to unlock the secret hp hidden in the VE platform. Yet very little is discussed on how to improve the engine as a whole.

The diesel World uses the "quantity over efficiency" theory far too often, so rather than trying to find out what flavor of the week parts to experiment with, why not make the engine more efficient by taking full advantage of the fuel you do have.

I'll actually agree with this one.....even at 3000rpm, the volumetric efficiency of the Cummins is pretty darn poor, something like 60-65%. A lot of the 400+ fuel only guys have cams, ported heads, lots of timing, etc, which all makes for an efficient engine, but involves a dollar amount most aren't willing to spend.

I went the cheater way with a lot of boost and spray along with a 14mm pump, but there's no way I could have made the type of power I did fuel-only, no matter how big my turbos were. I think the magic bullet most First Gen guys are looking for is nitrous oxide, whether they know that or not.

Other than the basic turbo, injections, and fuel pin mods, i am planning to put a cam in and building an air plenum system. So with my that being said what would yall suggest to go along with it? I am NOT going to put nitrois on my engine. Oh and i will be getting my pump built for performance.

I'll actually agree with this one.....even at 3000rpm, the volumetric efficiency of the Cummins is pretty darn poor, something like 60-65%. A lot of the 400+ fuel only guys have cams, ported heads, lots of timing, etc, which all makes for an efficient engine, but involves a dollar amount most aren't willing to spend.

I went the cheater way with a lot of boost and spray along with a 14mm pump, but there's no way I could have made the type of power I did fuel-only, no matter how big my turbos were. I think the magic bullet most First Gen guys are looking for is nitrous oxide, whether they know that or not.

i agree. theres not really a better way to get tons of oxygen into the engine as quickly as the VE pump needs it. :nos:

im one of those guys who can only afford to try and go the inefficient route to try and make 400hp. im just one happy dyno with a high correction factor away :lolly:

I found a p-pump engine out of a bus that has 160,000 miles on it and it's 100% complete for $1300.

Back