450hp

It cracks me up when VE guys start 450hp threads on compd LOL

just kidding, VE's are fun to play with for a while. Twin turbo it an 450 won't be hard to achieve.

It cracks me up when VE guys start 450hp threads on compd LOL

just kidding, VE's are fun to play with for a while. Twin turbo it an 450 won't be hard to achieve.

" 12.73 @103mph 3-10-12 "

- '94s are fun to play with for a while. :stab: :evil

:D :D

(12.67 @ 103mph 12-18-11)

Last edited:
I said before that I would much rather use the VE. I would be extremely happy with 400-450HP out of my VE.

We need to know what pump you plan on using long-term.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well thanks for the lack of advise guy. I guess these are just the useless opinion forms.

2 turbos, lots of fuel, lots of timing.... Get at it.

You could always swap in a double hump headed 350 Chevy with an elderbrock carb. Every one on earth makes 500hp, so I'm told.

Well thanks for the lack of advise guy. I guess these are just the useless opinion forms.

No offense, but there are very few VE guys that have broken 450rwhp, and a few of them (including me) have chimed in on this thread. If you choose to ignore us, that's your own fault. And they're not opinions, we have dyno results.

Along with what JQ said, I don't have a 400hp ve truck, yet. I spend alot of time on this forum reading and searching. There's tons of info on here!!! Ive already started my build, only fuel pin and and pump mods for now. I'm gonna stay with a stock pump, and build my truck around that, I'm gonna try and get over 400whp with the truck. And run 12s in the truck. I'm gonna take my time find some good deals and build it on a budget. Already runs 14s with $120 in go fast parts.
I have my goals, if I can't hit them on fuel.... Ill spray it the hell out of it. ;)

A buddy of mine hit 445 uncorrected/444 corrected on fuel alone with a single ball-bearing turbo in a '93. It's possible.

with a single ball-bearing turbo in a '93. It's possible

Do you remember what turbo? A Garrett I presume... Do you know what injectors?

--Eric

Putting 450hp (+/-) to the ground and putting 450hp (+/-) usable/reliably, to the ground are two different set-ups IMO.

I'm planning on using a 62mm turbo, getting a high performance VE pump and I'm going to build a custom air plenum. As far as injectors go, I'm not sure yet so suggestions on that a would ne nice. I would also like to know if i should put a Hamilton cam in to allow more RPMs. Of coarse i would be installing head studs. There is only one local shop that will build a VE pump. Is there a good place that i can send it and get it built? I don't mind doing what it takes to get as close as i can to the 450hp mark, i just need to know the path to get there. Thanks

If you plan to do a cam change, add lift not duration to the profile.

Back