450hp

100% engine load and full boost is a disaster waiting to happen without flycut pistons even on a stock cam.

So you have had a personal failure of the nature you describe? Because I gave a real world example that does not comply with your claims.

Thats why Im running 150# springs.

I'm going to assume you have Zach's springs, and using the information he posted previously for example, a Marine spring is 150lb @ seat and the spring he uses is typically 165-175lb @ the seat, therefore your comment is quite redundant.

There are a few good single spring options for a 12v Cummins cylinder head, but to hand out this reckless endangerment nonsense claiming anyone that has 60psi springs and drives into a good strong head wind will have an engine failure is a complete exaggerated opinion.

My issue is not with any product being sold by anyone, my issue is the advice that is being handed down as if it were gospel.

I have seen that failure personally. Well not so called failure but a possible one. My friend Joe Farrow had a '94 truck, 60 lbs springs, 4k gov with the usual pump tuning, and S362. Pretty mild set up but it would run 3500+ rpms when he shifted down the track at Lost Creek Raceway. (manual VB) When it blew the head gasket, we could see where the valves were touching the pistons. We upgraded the springs to the "Marine" springs and never had a problem with valve float since.

The springs I am using are a single spring from Industrial Injection. I am using one of zach's 188/220 cams.

Hard to follow that one, you say he had 60lb springs then upgraded to a Marine spring.

can you guys open another thread and discuss valve springs, I was enjoying this thread when you hijacked it with your BS

The 60# springs have worked well for years. There are better parts available but dont count out the old school parts. All depends on what your application is and how far your goals are.

GT3788R, 68lpm DDP competition injectors, Helix 2 cam, Airdog 150. That is ALL! Factory intercooler, piping and ORIGINAL boots!

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this had bad surge on the low end, and wasn't very friendly towing?

--Eric

Back