47RH 2-3 shift slip any ideas?

Its how much space you have between the converter snout and the bushing. Take the pump apart and set it on the TC, then use a feeler gauge to check between bushing and TC snout.

Bearing clearance? Use a inside and outside mic if you are talking about distance from bronze bushing to the converter snout.

Bearing clearance? Use a inside and outside mic if you are talking about distance from bronze bushing to the converter snout.

You could mic it if you had the right tools. Most normal calipers arent able to measure the pump bushing because of how deep it sets in the pump.

Pulled my trans apart today, everything looked bood but I did notice that the tube running from the top to the bottom of the VB had pushed out. Not sure if it happened from high pressure or what. Seemed to have solved my issue after I fixed it (tho i'm not 100% sure seeing that i need to tune it for more pressure still)

Hmmmm thats weird. I don't think I have a VB problem or at least I hope not since I had the same issue before the whole trans and VB were gone through. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna send the converter to DPC to get rebuilt just to rule that out.

Side note, I got another set of 48re pump gears, this time they are they right diameter, 3.800, so they should drop right in the 47 pump housing.

Back