5r110 update

Is there a program you can use to tune the 5r trans? I know H&S has that stand alone tuning program.

H&S does not make a stand alone for the 5R110 but Powertrain control solutions does. PCS has a TCM-2000

I have been driving my truck for about two months now. I would say I am 80% satisfied with my transmission. It could use some fine tuning to make it really nice. When you pull out and take off down the highway it really shifts good. But if you are in traffic going around 45 to 50 mph the convertor seems to lock and unlock to much. Would be good if the convertor would not lock until 55 to 60. Also I ordered the torque convertor De stroked recommends but when you are setting still with it in drive it seems to pull a little to much. Other than that I am mostly satisfied.Hope this helps anyone thinking of running the factory PMC.

Our truck was doing the same thing. Eric at Innovative has been helping with the trans tuning and he has gotten that coverter lock / unlock fixed.

Can Eric send tunes via email like normal sct custom tunes or do they have to hard wired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something else that might be helpful to anyone wanting to use the factory PCM I ordered the tach kit that Destroked sells and the tach worked good but my when the torque converter would lock it would unlock after a few seconds and the trans would go into limp mode. I took the 6.0 crank sensor and modified the bracket to accept the 6.0 sensor and the problem went away.

I have a 2004 F350, I have been debating on swapping out the 6.0 for a 99 24valve.
I took every thing out of the dodge. I would like to keep the ford tranny. It has been rebuilt. If I can I might pick your brain.

Back