6.0 help?

12v kid

Speed comes at a price...
Ok we have a 2003 f-450 with a 6.0 its a service truck. we replaced the injectors. All 8 with remained injectors are from Superior Turbo & Injection not my choice that was the bosses call on that. Since then 3 off the injectors failed within a month replaced them again with the same injectors. Then the truck stopped running it was the fuel pump on the frame changed that thought the problem was fixed but was not. Truck will go down the road and start running like its sucking air. When you crack the fuel filter under the hood a huge burst of air would come out go another 1/2 mile down the road crack the fuel filter cap and more air would come out. Pulled the tanks checked the pick up tubes everything is clear. All fuel lines from the pump back to both tanks got changed with new ford lines. Went to start the truck today #2 injector is not working now and the problem still is happening. Sorry for the long post but any help is much appreciated. My boss is thinking about getting 8 new ford injectors any referrals for a better 6.0 injector company would help to.

Ford injectors only. I'm no expert but my brother worked for ford and went to the 6.0 school so he knows more about them as far as diagnosing but I do know ford injectors are the only ones that havnt came back failed again. Thank god we have acsess to the ford factory laptop scanner. It helps a ton.

Next piece of advice, sell the sob before he really dumps a bunch of money in it. Lol

Ya thats what we are leaning towards. I have my doubts if the new ford injectors will fix the problem. We have really good scan tools but they are not ford diag stuff but they are the newest software on the market and seam to work great. Thank you for the help. I found a thread on comp d about rebuilding the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel bowl any thoughts on this?

Always go Ford remains but I would check the FICM voltage.

"tater6tb" sent me a pm but i cant send pms yet i do not have enough post.
Well we did the "ballon test" put balloons on the fuel feed lines coming off the fuel filter housing to each side of the engine and nothing happened when we cranked it over. Is this what your talking about? Has a newer FICM maybe only a year old.

A good diagnostic scan tool will help pinpoint issues.

Check the FICM.
http://www.swampsdiesel.com/content/faq/ficm.htm

A fuel psi gauge is very important with the 6.0, when fuel psi drops below 45psi, your causing damage to the injectors.

Here are more test to preform.
http://napaautotech-classsupport.com/6-0-powerstroke/6.0-POWERSTROKE-FUEL-PRESSURE-TESTING-AND-TIPS-1WEB.pdf

If your boss did the injector replacement himself, did he make sure the threads for the hold downs were cleaned out. Dirty thread holes (dirt/oil) can give a false torque down reading.

I've installed hundreds, if not thousands of Alliant Power injectors with almost 0 issues. Check your fuel pressure.

Me and the other mechanic that drives the truck did the injectors and yes it all was clean. We will be doing all these test on monday. I will keep you all posted as i find out more info. Thank you for all your help.

Tell your boss to shell out the extra cash for Ford injectors. Its well worth it in the long run.

Matty169 please pm the prices on the injectors and your phone number i will pass the info to my boss. Found out the problem is 8 bad remained injectors pulling them and putting ford injectors back in it. Thanks everybody for the help. I will post more after we get the truck up and running.

I would give Jesse @ Warren Diesel a call he rebuilds stock injectors and IMHO is the best out there

So we pulled the injectors out of the truck today... The boss man took them to the injector shop and i guess were putting another set of remained injectors back in it lol we'll see how long these last.

Probly not long. I did mine and could have gotten a full set for 1200 but I used Ford stuff and 4 were 1200. Needless to say I havent had a problem since.

Ya i will agree. Our price on the remained injectors are $190 and for ford injectors are $230. I told the guy who drives the truck that we will just change the injectors at every oil change lol because thats about the point were at.

air in the fuel system will kill ANY injector. the first thing you have to do is find out where it is getting in and fix it. then your injectors stand a chance. the 2 places i can think of for air to get in are #1 any connection between the fuel tank and the pump(just because fuel does not drip does not mean there isn't a suction leak), #2 bad copper seal on injector tip. traces of soot above the copper seal. #1 is a bugger to find, ask me how I know:)

did you guys torque the injectors to proper specs if you dont get them torqued properly. The fuel can push around the cup and unseat the inejector causing it to drain the fuel bowl.

Back