6.0 help?

Yes injectors were resealed with new o-rings and copper seals and the injector cups in the cylinder heads were cleaned very well. Everything was retorqued to factory spec and all bolts/holes were cleaned. Truck seams to be running fine now but thats how long it would run the first time. I will keep everybody posted as to what goes on. Thank you for all your help.

So after all this work and expense, did you install a Fuel psi gauge?? Did you check the FICM volts per the link??

Yes fuel pressure gauge is installed. My boss does not want to mess with the FICM because if that inspection cover is removed ford will not take it back as a core.

Well my boss said that the dealership can tell if the inspection cover has been removed...idk if thats true? He said he would rather buy new ficm.

Dont bother... you will pay a fortune thru ford and it will have the same crappy leadfree solder that starts breaking down on these things to begin with. Do you and your boss a favor. Test the thing and if its bad send it to FICMrepair.com. Its $275 to rebuild your core so there is no flashing needed when you get it back. Ed turns em around the day after he gets them so you wont be down long. And a new one thru ford is $700+
Good luck convincing your boss if hes got his mind set on a new ford part but hes throwing money away going that route

Yes he is dead set against it. I dont care its not my $$$$$$$$$. He put a new ficm in the truck less than a year ago.

Thats crap man. I hate it when people wont listen to reason...especially when the point they are arguing is :nail:. Why hire someone if you arent going to trust their judgement. I guess i should be used to this being military, i just hoped that the civilian world hadnt deevolved in to idiocracy. guess i was wrong:soap:

He doesn't even have to open up the FICM cover, he can get Autoenginuity, Edge Insight CS/CTS, or even a ScangaugeII to read FICM volts thru the OBDII port.

Ya i hear you there he will not listen to what i say but if one of his business owning buddys tells him the same thing he thinks its the greatest idea ever it pisses me off so i dont even give him my thoughts anymore.

Back